Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Hit Water

🍁     🍁     🍁
This morning was a lot like yesterday.  68 degrees with patches of fog
and sunny after a couple of miles.
Walked behind my house again and up Sale Barn.
 Continued around one of the cemeteries which I walked with Cathy,
and then through town and around the ball park loop.
Two deer came running out of the corn field again and I saw the 
usual rabbits.  Milo the cat was out at the child care center in town
and came over to get a pet.

Walked 6.2 miles
🍁     🍁     🍁
Went up to the building site in the morning to watch the well getting drilled.
I said a little prayer not only that we would hit water but that it would
happen at 200 feet.  Our Pastor is always saying pray for specific things.
So I did and some of you won't be surprised to hear that right at 200 feet
we hit water!!  😊 Thank you God!!
They drilled another 80 feet just to give us a good reservoir of water.
It gives us 22 gallons a minute which is excellent.  2 gallons is considered good.
 Here's the well capped off.
It sure is great to have well done! 😊

We took a picnic lunch up to HT and I took along a book to read and
knitting.  Didn't get any reading done but I did do a little knitting.
🍁     🍁     🍁
This is the bird feeding place in my back yard.  
A little chipmunk is there in the picture.
 I guess that's it for today.
A happy day to you.
happyone 🎈

Someone remembers, someone cares;
Your name is whispered in someones prayers.
~ Unknown

22 comments:

ellen b said...

Yippee for 22 gallons a minute and of course for answered prayer!

Christine said...

Wonderful answer to prayer!

Tom said...

...hallelujah!

Vee said...

That is wonderful! I'm going to share this story with my daughter...the power of specific prayer! 🐿

Michelle said...

Glad to hear you hit water! I know you must be thankful!

Sandi said...

Right at 200 feet, how cool!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Prayer does make a difference...I'm so happy for you! And love seeing some pretty Fall colors in your pics! Hugs!

Dianna said...

I am not surprised at 200 ft. ! God is good...all the time! xx

The Furry Gnome said...

That's one important thing taken care of. Well done.

Adam said...

I read up on it, there's far more water underground than in bodies of water like large lakes and whatnot. Pretty crazy

Ruth Hiebert said...

Praise God! I love to her about things like this. What an awesome God we serve.

Kerri Farley said...

So glad you hit water! Yay!!!

Connie said...

22 gallon a minute, that is excellent!
I love that little poem at the end of your post.
Keep Smiling.
Connie :)

Happy@Home said...

Wow, talk about an answer to prayer!
This has been interesting to me as I have never thought much about what goes into drilling for wells. I've mostly been a city water gal.

Debby Ray said...

I absolutely believe in praying for specific things. How wonderful that they hit water at 200 feet...God is GOOD! We were to have our well dug last week (where we will be building) but just as the guy was getting ready to drive upon the land, something happened to the axel of his truck and that was that. Just ONE of many delays, I'm sure. So it goes when there is construction project!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, So happy for you and the good news on the well. YAY! I love your feeding station for the birds. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and weekend ahead.

M.K. said...

That's exciting! So glad you hit water quickly -- often people buy property and start to build, and then can't get a good perk test, or get water. Looks good for y'all!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the colour in your first photograph.
What a wonderful answer to prayer!

All the best Jan

Sue said...

I can only imagine how fresh your water will taste, not to mention pure! I believe as your Pastor does, I pray about everything, it took me a while to realize that God rally is concerned about every little thing in my life, I often felt that I shouldn't bother Him with minor details., So glad I learned differently!.
Blessings,
Sue

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Glad to hear you now have fresh water :)

o2bhiking said...

Wells! We once had a dug well and it went dry several years, once for four months (no running water, period - not fun!) We finally had one drilled and they hit a gusher in 150 feet. boy, were we relieved. Glad your prayer was answered.

Rose said...

That photo of the sumac is so beautiful. Your prayer reminds me of my nephew a week or two ago. Some woman at church had given him a knife. A few days later he couldn't find it. (He is 10 months younger than Lorelei.) Well, he and his dad looked for it everywhere...no luck. He told his dad, "Oh, dad, I know...lets pray about it..." And they did and found it within a minute or two!