Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, September 21, 2017

A split walk

🌺     🌺     🌺
Yesterdays pictures of the progress on the house.
Foundation block of 14 courses done.
Looking at the back
Looking at the front.
Big opening is for French doors walking out of the basement.
🌺     🌺     🌺
60 degrees and another foggy morning today when I walked. 
Had a quick walk around town, just walked a little over 3 miles.
Part of it walking with Cathy.  Just learned she is a  C Cathy not a K.

Once I was home we had breakfast and then I went up to the building site
at HT with Ken.
Excavating for the foundation of the 3 car garage was getting started.
I stayed around watching and walking around a bit for an hour or so
and then walked back home which gave me my 6 mile walk for the day.
Took this picture as I left the driveway
and this one as I rounded the curve to walk down the hill.
Doesn't look like much in the picture but it is pretty steep walking.
Once I was back home did a couple of things around the house and Ken
was home at lunchtime.
We both went back after lunch.
The excavating for the garage footing is now done and awaits the inspector before
the concrete can be poured.

The posts for the porch was excavated also.
Exciting to be getting a nice big porch. 
 I like to walk around watching what is going on, other times I go
hiking around Happy Trails, and other times I just sit up here where I have a
good vantage point and watch.
Nice to see things moving along at a good pace.
It still seems like a dream to be able to build this house in the woods.
How blessed we are.

A happy day to you.
happyone 💗

12 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Blessed is definitely the word for that beautiful setting. How wonderful to have all the woods around.

Christine said...

It's a dream coming true & what a blessing! I see fall is really starting to put on a show & it's so pretty at H T!

Happy@Home said...

Lovely photo of the cosmos flower with the blue sky in the background.
I have two sisters-in-law named Kathy. One is Kathy and the other is Kathie. I always pause a minute before writing their names to make sure I'm doing it the right way for the right person :).
Your house is really taking shape now.

Pom Pom said...

You ARE very blessed, indeed! It's so promising! I love it so far!

Prunella Pepperpot said...

What a wonderful view from your new driveway. Great to see your new home taking shape. Have a brilliant weekend :)

Henny Penny said...

You must be so excited! That is such a beautiful spot to build a house.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is great seeing the house moving along so quickly. Love the pretty flower. Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

Adam said...

before you know it, it will be done

Michelle said...

Looks like it is coming along quite nicely.

The Furry Gnome said...

House is looking great! Nice to have a walkout basement, makes it so much more usable. Good progress too.

ellen b said...

Glad your dream is being visualized. Very nice to have a walkout basement!

M.K. said...

I thought the one opening was your garage, but now I see you will have French doors! That will be lovely. Can't wait to see each step -- and a nice, big porch! That is such an asset.