Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

The morning sky

As I walked around to the front of my house this morning leaving
on my morning walk, this is what I saw.
One reason to take an early morning walk.
The temperature was 62 degrees and once the sun came over the mountain
it was sunny.

Walked the streets behind my house, through town, around both
cemeteries and the ball park and around town again.
Saw Kathy's car in the parking lot but never did run into her.

Some work happening on the firehouse.  Not sure what they are doing there,
but the windows are all boarded up and they are taking the brick chimney
down and looks like a new door or window is being cut out of the brick.

Work also going on down in the stream behind the ball park.
Gravel from the roads finds its way in it by way of the drains and
 every year they clean it out.

Didn't see anyone else out walking today.
Walked 6.4 miles
🚶     🚶
Walked over to Sherry's and got my hair trimmed.
I'm still liking my short hair.  So easy to take care of.

We had stuff to do and didn't make it to bowling for the first game,
but did get to bowl 2 games.  Not a great bowling day for me, 128 and 116.
A good day for Ron though, one of his games was a 210. 
There were 6 of us today.

I'm off now to do my exercise CD and when I get that over with
I can read some more of my book and maybe even finish it.

A happy day to you.
happyone  💗

"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty,
they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."
~ Martin Buxbaum

11 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

That beautiful morning view is certainly worth getting up and out early for.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a fantastic looking sky that is.

All the best Jan

Pom Pom said...

Such a lovely view! I love it when the light shines in the morning. Soon it'll be dark when we get up early.
Yay for a haircut!

Tom said...

...that sky is worth getting up for!

ellen b said...

Love the quote!

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice sunrise!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, what a lovely sunrise. The 210 bowling score is awesome. Great quote! Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Christine said...

That sunrise is a gift from God to you saying 'Good Morning!"

Snow said...

Good morning, Happy One! Interesting that they are renovating your fire station. The fire station in Savage, MD was made into a separate building as part of Bethel Christian Academy which has its main campus at the old Savage Elementary School. It so happens Debby Shields will be teaching there this year. MJ

Debby Ray said...

Wow...what a stunning sky! Perfect background for an early morning walk!

Rose said...

I do like that first picture....I love morning and evenings. I have not bowled since the kids were young!