Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Saturday's Critters

Linking up with Eileen for Saturday's Critters.
Here's Rosie, who lives along the farm loop, taking a rest.
A couple of roosters who live at the dairy farm.
🐄     🐓
64 degrees this morning and sunny.

Walked through town and down toward Happy Trails and turned around about
a mile down the road.  Then back to town and just walked all over the place.

Don't usually see many people around town on a Saturday and today it was
again very quiet around town.
Lots of rabbits though!

A quiet and peaceful walk and I am so happy to live in the country. 😊
Walked 6.3 miles
🚶     🚶
When I got back home from my walk Ken was already up at Happy Trails
meeting with Ronnie, our builder and Scott the excavator.
All looks well and looks like ground breaking for the house will start
within the next 2 weeks.  We are pretty excited about getting started!!!
Living just 2 1/2 miles from HT we will be able to watch the progress
day by day.

Did my chores around the house in the morning and by lunch time Ken
had come back home and said come on I'm taking you out for lunch.
We went over to Grantsville to The Cornucopia Cafe.
We sat outside and I snapped a picture from our table.
Walked around the little shops that are scattered about.
Walked to the bridge over the river and snapped this photo from
the middle of the bridge of the other two bridges.
First one one is Rte 40 and the one in the distance is I68.
 Took the long way home along the back roads.
A very pleasant way to spend the afternoon.

A happy day to you.
happyone : )

"You can accept a falling out that changes your plans,
but it's hard to accept a betrayal that changes your memories."
~ Robert Brault
Comment replies:
Sharon - The she is me and I do both.  If I'm not going to be home I will let the bread machine do the baking but if I'm home I take it gets baked in the oven.  I like the shape of the loaf better baked in a loaf pan.  The machine makes the loaves so tall.  The picture of the bread has been baked in the oven.

12 comments:

Tom said...

...number two is the winner for me!

Sue said...

The photos are spectacular, especially the one with the roosters, great shot! I am so thankful that I live in the country too!
Blessings,
Sue

Adam said...

At least they gave her a name instead of a number

Ruth Hiebert said...

It will be so exciting to see your new home develop.

Rose said...

I love having time to take the long way home, or a little detour.

Oh, love the pic of the chickens...

Linda said...

Love the chickens! They look well balanced.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love Rosie the cow and the chickens. I enjoy taking the back roads, the scenery is usually prettier. It is exciting to hear of your new home and it's progress. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

Happy@Home said...

That sounds like my kind of afternoon... a spontaneous lunch date and travelling the back roads. I enjoyed your photos of the outing.
Cute critters too.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Rosie is adorable. How exciting that your new venture at Happy Trails will soon begin!!
Have a wonderful new week :)

Vee said...

That looks like a fun place to visit and have lunch. Now I have got to go check out your loaf of bread...

Inger said...

Gorgeaous pictures, a great quote by Groucho Marx, a relaxing walk - it doesn't get much better than that and I had a great visit here.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such lovely photographs.

Exciting that the ground breaking for your new house will start within the next two weeks.

All the best Jan