Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 18, 2017

Friday

Some of my sunflowers
🌻     🌻
This morning was one of the warmest days of summer at 70 degrees.
A little bit of sunshine but mostly a cloudy morning and I thought
it might rain but it didn't until I was back home.  
A bit of rain would have been welcomed while walking to cool me off.
Walked one of my town routes starting out on the roads behind my house.
Around the ball park loop, both cemeteries, down toward HT and home.

The only one I saw this morning was Lee on his bike and he gave me
two mint candies like he always does. 😊

Pretty quiet around town this morning.
Walked 6.4 miles
🚶     🚶
Had a break in the rain mid morning and I went with Ken up to Happy Trails
and we picked up some more dead fall.

Lunch time it started to rain so we came home.
When it stopped raining I went out front and dead headed a whole bunch
of daisies.  Hoping that will help more flowers to bloom.
More rain sent me inside again.

I've been looking at country kitchens on Pinterest getting ideas for my
new kitchen.  Really like this vintage looking cast iron wall hung sink and would
like to see it in my kitchen.  Both my grandmothers had one just like it.

I am enjoying the first Mitford book.  When Father Tim describes
his first run and around town, it reminds me of my walk.

A happy day to you.
happyone  💗

"Memory is a complicated thing, a relative to truth, but not its twin."
~ Barbara Kingsolver

Comment Replies:
Sharon - Bread Machine recipe HERE.

14 comments:

ellen b said...

That sink is great. Glad you are starting in on the Mitford series!

Dianna said...

I am so glad that you are enjoying the Mitford series. They are outstanding books. I had the whole set but just recently passed them on to a friend for her collection.

Love that sink!

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen, we had a warm walk this morning too.
Your sunflowers are gorgeous!
Can't wait to see more of your ideas for your kitchen in your new house. I love the sink! In the early 1980's I was a nanny for a family. Their house was from the early 1900's and had that exact sink. I loved washing the dishes every day in it.
Have a great weekend!
Robin

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful pictures. I love the sunflowers. Have a great weekend.

Tom said...

...sunflowers are always such a happy sight.

Rose said...

I am beginning to think I should read at least one of the Mitford series again!

Everytime you talk about Lea giving you candies, it reminds me of work. I think I told you I worked at an orchard...a small orchard. And we went into business with another guy for a while...and this old guy had a cabin at the back of the property...I don't remember if he paid rent or don't even know if I ever knew...but he took a liking to me (not in a bad way...he was old enough to be my dad) and he would give me Worther's butterscotch candies when he had the chance.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Thanks for linking the recipe! One question: she says to place in loaf pan after rising. Do you do that or do you just bake in the machine?

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love your sunflowers. So pretty. The sink is great! Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Leslie said...

Those sunflowers are beautiful!!!! Such lovely terrain for a 6 mile walk.. so many pretty things to see.
Have a wonderful day.

Christine said...

I need to take a walk to a field near me with sunflowers like yours! Another nice view down the road you walk.
Pinterest is great for ideas!

Carolyn said...

I'm not a blogger but love following yours--you encourage me to walk! Love all the Mitford series, she's an awesome writer.

Sue said...

Always enjoy you sharing your walks, and days! Good luck with choosing the new sink!
Have a blessed evening!
Sue

Vee said...

I like that sink, too. I wouldn't give up my big white enamel sink without a whimper. You will find so much in the Mitford books with which you will compare your life. I have a counterpart for every single character, too. 🙂

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like those sunflowers ...

All the best Jan