Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Saturday's Critters

Linking up with Eileen today for Saturday's Critters
Lots and lots of rabbits are all over the place.  
Took a picture of this little guy over by the post office. 
Hard to tell from the picture but he is quite small.
 🐇     🐇
This is the only all white cow I see around here.
Saw her on my walk today.
🐄     🐄
This morning it was 64 degrees and started out foggy and no breeze at all.
 But the fog didn't last all that long and before long the sun was shining.

Walked one of my town routes and it was very quiet around town this early 
Saturday morning.  I had the whole town to myself.

Peeked in the window of the new bakery and the inside is coming along.
I can see framing and they cleaned up the floor and there are boxes of tiles
sitting around waiting to be put down.  It sure seems to taking a long time
getting this shop ready.  I'm looking forward to the day it opens.

Walked 6.1 miles
🚶     🚶
Made blueberry pancakes for breakfast.  These just might be my favorite
and a very close second is strawberries, but then I like chocolate chip
ones too.  I just like pancakes!! 😊 

We went to Grantsville this morning to get a couple of errands done.
On the way back home we got that rain we needed.
Left home with the windows open so had a bit of sopping up water
when we got back home.  At least the gardens got a good watering.

1:30 we headed out the door with the Snickerdoodles I baked yesterday
to go to Chester and Linda's where a bunch of us met for an afternoon
of playing shuffleboard.
It is outside but under cover so it didn't matter that it rained.
And it sure did rain hard at times!!

Ken and I were partners and we played three games.
Lost 2 and won 1.
It was a fun time with friends and lots of good food too.
 
A happy day to you.
 happyone  💗

Proverbs 17:22
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine:
but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

📌
Comment Replies:
FG - Never had a snickerdoodle? You'll have to get Mrs FG to bake you some. 😊 
Snickerdoodle Recipe
📌

12 comments:

Tom said...

... blueberry pancakes are a treat.

Adam said...

such a cute bunnie

Rose said...

Oh, your comment to FG about the cookies...I meant to tell you my favorite cookie is neither snickerdoodle or chocolate chip, though it would be choc. chip of the two. My favorite, if I could find the Skor bits is cookies made from the recipe on the back of the package. As is usual for me, I finally decide to try something, and then the key item disappears off the face of the earth! Or at least from my neck of the woods...just talking about them gave me the thought to check amazon!

The Furry Gnome said...

Thanks for the recipe! I'll start begging!

doodles n daydreams said...

Sounds like a fun day :)

Diana

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the cute bunny. The white cow is pretty, love that shot too. We had some rain yesterday too, but we missed the heavy rains. I love Blueberry pancakes too. Pretty photos! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and week ahead!

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

What a great picture of the little rabbit, he seemed to let you get quite close to him. I had no idea what a snickerdoodle was either, I shall have to follow your link x

Prunella Pepperpot said...

What a stunning image of the rabbit. It reminds me of a Beatrix Potter character.
Have a wonderful week :)

ellen b said...

Great catches of the critters and that foggy road!

Christine said...

Saturday mornings are pancake mornings for us! We love chocolate hazelnut spread on ours!
Cute wee bunny!

Melanie said...

We got some rain last night as well and it feels cooler today. Cute bunny. I've seen one during my walk with Mandy. I love pancakes too and found a really good pancake house in Gatlinburg that makes all sorts of interesting ones. Lots of good pancake houses in that town but this one is the best. Have a great week, Karen!

Lowcarb team member said...

I love blueberries and strawberries!
That bunny is just so cute...

All the best Jan