Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 21, 2017

Favorite Cookies? Slipcovers

🐝     🐝
This morning it was a warm 70 degrees with a mix of sun and clouds.
Had one of those random walks all over town.
Going up to he cemetery I now walk up between two corn fields
and can't see over them anymore.
Lisa was out running.
Kathy and I walked together for a couple of miles.  We walked a little longer
together because we got to talking.
She is another one who liked the town pond with all the cattails.
We seem to be the only two.

 Pretty quiet around town this morning.

Walked 6.2 miles
🐝     🐝
I made Snickerdoodles again today.  Going out to a get together with some
friends tomorrow and was asked to bring them.
I think the Snickerdoodles have replaced my Chocolate Chippers
for the favorite cookies now.
Not for me though.  Chocolate Chip cookies will always be my favorite.
What about you, Snickerdoodles or Chocolate Chips?
🐝     🐝
I have a couple of chairs that I bought at IKEA 8 years ago.
You bought a plain uncovered chair and then picked out the pattern
of slipcovers for them.
I've been meaning to take the slipcovers off and wash them but kept
putting it off because I thought they'd shrink and I'd not be able to get
them back on the chairs.  Well they were getting pretty dirty so I finally
had to try.  I did one of them yesterday and I'm happy to say 
I didn't have any trouble at all getting it back on
 the chair and it looks ever so much better, so I did the second one today.
 Here's the chairs with and without the slipcover.
I've been home all day getting work done around the house.
At 2:15 I declared I'd done enough and read.

Ken's been up at HT again all day and when he came home we decided
to go out to Ledo's for supper.

At times it looked like rain but it never did.  Now we could use
a bit of rain.  If it doesn't rain tonight, I'll have to water all the
gardens tomorrow.
A happy day to you.
happyone 🎈

Proverbs 16:20
He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good:
and whoso trusteth in the Lord, HAPPY is he.

11 comments:

ellen b. said...

Snickerdoodles are a yummy choice. Sounds like you've had a productive day. Same at this old house. Have a great weekend.

Rose said...

I so love your first photo...there is something about it that takes me back to childhood.
Re my quilting/pot holders...I have never sold anything. Most everything I have ever made I have given to the girls or for baby showers, etc.

Thank you for your prayers...I thought Roger was starting to feel better but not so sure today.

Sue said...

The first photo is absolutely beautiful, would be so beautiful framed! Chocolate chip is my favorite, but snickerdoodles are delicious! enjoy your weekend!
Blessings,
Sue

Tom said...

...the first image with the horse is gorgeous.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Chocolate chips please!

The Furry Gnome said...

I'm afraid to admit I've never had a snickerdoodle!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty views. I always love to see horses. Chocolate Chips cookies are my favorite but I also like the Snickerdoodles. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend.

Lisa said...

Its so nice to walk and talk with a friend. Ive always wanted to try slip covers on my sofa. Imalways afraid the wont fit good but yours looks really good.
Lisa

Adam said...

It's a close call, just depends on my mood on which cookie

M.K. said...

Between the two, I definitely prefer chocolate chips, esp. when they're crispy on the outside a bit, but chewy inside. The same for peanut butter cookies, which I guess are my true faves. Mostly, I want a homemade cookie, not a store-bought, although I do adore a real Oreo, dunked in cold milk :)
When you describe your life, esp. how you both work on projects, and work hard, and then decide on the spur of the moment to go out to eat, or go driving, or go bowling (or whatever), it sounds so free! It's nice to have just the two of you, I think. Adam and I are looking forward to a bit more of this freedom of movement too.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds as if you had a very good day ...

Loved your first photograph.

All the best Jan