Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Black Eyed Susan's

Some black eyed Susan's along my walk this morning.
🐝     🐝
This morning when I went for my walk it was sunny with a cool temperature of 54
degrees and what a beautiful morning it was.

Walked straight through town and then around both cemeteries.
Then headed up Sale Barn Road a ways.
Back to the main road, down toward Happy Trails a bit,  turned around
came back to town and walked around the ball park loop.
Before I knew it my walk was over and I was back home again.

Walking past the soon to be bakery I saw workers inside doing something.
Tomorrow morning I'll take a peek inside. 
Other than that it was pretty quiet around town.

Walked 6.2 miles
🚶     🚶
We left this morning in the truck and towing the trailer with
the tractor on it we took it to the Kubota dealer down the road in WV.
It is leaking some fluid and needs a new part.
We have to leave it there for a few days while the work gets done.
Next we stopped in at church and got things set up for Fingerprints
which is tomorrow.  Nice to get set up the day before and we all can get
right to work when we get there tomorrow.

Picked up a quick lunch while we were out and then went to Walmart
and did our food shopping.

Got things put away and then I made some Welsh Cookies.

I had made a Sweet and Sour Cucumber Salad this morning 
with cucumbers that I just picked from the garden.  
We had it for supper with hot dogs that Ken grilled outside.

Then we ended the day going to the mid week prayer meeting at church.

Home now for an episode of Call the Midwife.

It's been a busy but good day.
Life is Good
A happy day to you.
happyone  💗

Proverbs 18:10
The name of the Lord is a strong tower:
the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

15 comments:

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Wow, walking 6.2 miles without really realising you were home again, you must be very fit. Isn't it lovely to prepare food with your own produce. I really enjoyed Call the Midwife, looking forward to the next series xx

Adam said...

I never realized how expensive "real" tractors are until I heard about the dealerships. I don't even want to pay for the ones they sell at the big box stores. Nor deal with the upkeep. I see a few Kubotas from time to time but it's usually J Deere or cub cadet

Ruth Hiebert said...

That patch of Black-eyed Susan is beautiful.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

So many black-eyed susans, they're wonderful. I like Call the Midwife.
Have a lovely day :)

Breathing In Grace said...

Your photography is just awesome. HOPE you're enjoying the good ole summertime! ;-) Happy Thursday!

Tom said...

...black eyed Susan's are a favorite of mine!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the Black-eyed Susans. They are a favorite of mine and our state flower. Nice view of the cattle. You seem to enjoy the busy life. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Dianna said...

It sounds as if you had a very productive day! I think we will be having some sweet and sour cucumbers for supper this evening. :) Thank you for sharing the recipe!

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice pic of the Black-eyed Susans!

Happy@Home said...

I'm currently waiting for my cucumbers to get big enough to pick. Once they do I am going to try your salad. It sounds so good.
I loved Call the Midwife.

Sandi said...

"Proverbs 18:10
The name of the Lord is a strong tower:
the righteous runneth into it, and is safe."


Amen!

ellen b said...

Fresh cucumbers from the garden sound real good as do those welsh cookies!

Christine said...

I love black eyed susans! Another wonderful verse from Proverbs!

Rose said...

We (I more than Roger) loved call the midwife...I love some of Sister Monica Joan's comments...one of my favorites in one of the last episodes was 'I find two opinions are always better than one, particularly if one is mine.'

And I always listen to the closing lines...and lots of times replay them and copy them...

Patti said...

I love seeing black-eyed susans en masse. Have a lovely weekend!