Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, July 27, 2017

A work day

🐝     🐝
A mostly cloudy morning with just a little sun and 64 degrees.
My walk today was a random one all around town on no particular route.
I did peek in the window of the soon to be bakery like I said I would and 
didn't see any sign of the tiles anymore but all the dry wall is up now.

Saw George out walking and stopped to talk to him for a bit.
Kathy was out walking too.

I think I might have posted this gravestone before but it has been a long time.
It always makes me smile.
You will have to click on it to read it but at the bottom it says,
"Neener, neener, neener
I'm in heaven and you're not."
 Walked 6 miles
🚶     🚶
After breakfast we headed out to church at 8:30 for a work day
doing Fingerprints.  
Worked from 9:00 - 6:00 and we got nearly 5000 Romans books assembled,
stapled, cut and packed up.  
At one point there were 20 of us there working but at the end of the 
day there were just 4 of us finishing up.
A lot of work, but fun too and we always enjoy it.
What a blessing it is to be part of this ministry.

That took up the day and it is nice to be home now and
I'm about to have a bit of ice cream and watch another episode
of Call the Midwife.
Might not have time to visit you all tonight but will tomorrow.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  🍦 

Proverbs 21:2
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes:
but the Lord pondereth the hearts.

14 comments:

Tom said...

...I've seen a lot of gravestones, but never one like this.

Rose said...

I am with Tom on the gravestone...I like it.

I didn't get visiting done last night...trying to catch up tonight.

Blogoratti said...

Beautiful morning walk as always, thanks for sharing your journey.

The Furry Gnome said...

Your dedication to Fingerprints is exceeded only by your dedication to walking!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That's a cute saying on that gravestone.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Very interesting clouds and gravestone!
Have a great weekend :)

Dianna said...

Love the tombstone! :) That was a lot of work you all did yesterday (Thursday)! It sounds as if you had a good turn out starting out! Hope you have a wonderful day today, Karen.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, lovely photos from your walk. I love the saying on the tombstone. Happy Friday! Wishing you a great day and weekend!

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen, lovely photos from your walk. That is a very unique headstone!
Glad you had such a great day.
Take care.
Robin

Happy@Home said...

It looks like Kurt H Meyr had a grand sense of humor.
Sounds like things are moving right along at the bakery.
Your day at church sounds very productive.
Have a great weekend.

Adam said...

It's also rare to see an American gravestone with a European-style coat of arms

Sandi said...

What is Fingerprints?

"Neener, neener, neener
I'm in heaven and you're not."

Love this! Trying to imagine the person who did that. :)

Pom Pom said...

That IS a funny headstone.
I love Call the Midwife.

M.K. said...

I like that headstone. That might be the right attitude toward dying! I do wonder about the coat of arms on the left side. Was he British? I don't think of Americans having those. Excellent work day! Glad you had a crowd there.