Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, June 01, 2017

We're Moving

It rained last night while we were in church 
and when the service was over, we walked out the door 
this beautiful rainbow greeted us.
🎈     🎈
49 degrees this morning when I left on my walk at 6:15. 
 I had a nice sunny walk around town, around the cemeteries, down 
toward HT, and back to town and home.

Corn has popped up in Farmer Marvin's field in nice neat rows.
There are now two bulls here by the barn where the two horses used to be.
The horses are now just out in the pasture. 
Didn't see anyone else out this morning but Farmer Marvin did stop his
truck and we had a little chat.  

Walked 6.2 miles
Not many coins for the month of May,
only found 8 pennies.
🎈     🎈
Ken left this morning when I left on my walk.  He went with a bunch of
guys from church for the Men's Get Away, for a couple days of four wheeling
and just a fun time.

A beautiful sunny day in the 60's so I spent most of the day outside.
Got the front garden weeded.  Wanted to mow the lawn but the grass is just
too soggy.  Maybe I'll get to that tomorrow.
🎈     🎈
Did my title surprise you?
We will be moving but not far away.

It all started a few weeks ago one day when Ken was up at Happy Trails
and I was home here getting the yard work done and wishing I was up at
HT too.  That day on my blog I wrote that sometimes I wish that I could
move my house up to Happy Trails.  
We got to talking about it and said 'why not' move up there?
So we decided to build a house there and sell the house in town.

Ken has been working on house plans and we came up with a nice little house
with 2 bedrooms, a big country kitchen, and a living room.
This project we won't be building ourselves,  we have a builder Ronnie,
who will be the general contractor.  
Ronnie has already been over the house and has gone over the plans with
Ken and also went up to HT to check out where the house will be built.
Yesterday we spent the day up at HT figuring out where the septic
system could possibly be and then marking it out so we can have a perk test.
The property was perked but it is far back on the property and we wanted the house
to be closer to the road so we have to get another one done.
 The cabin is up at the other side of the property and pretty far away from
where the house will be.
This is where the driveway will be.
This is farther in and where we are hoping the house will be.
This is at the end of the driving way looking out to the left
and this is looking right.
We are excited and look forward to being able to be up at HT all the time.

Plan on getting some reading done this evening,
watching Netflix and doing some knitting.
I'll have to get my own ice cream tonight.

A happy day to you.
happyone 🎈

"There are many wonderful things that will never be done
if you do not do them."
~ Charles D Gill

28 comments:

Rose said...

Oh, how exciting! I am happy for you...what great views you will have. I hope all goes smoothly for you.

Blogoratti said...

Nothing like rain and rainbows. Happy new month, and best wishes!

Tom said...

...I hope that everything goes smoothly for you.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so happy for you! A dream come true! You'll have such fun over the next few months with the planning and all the decisions! Hope you blog about it as you go! Hugs!

Melanie said...

Oh my! What a big announcement! I am so happy for you to be living in a spot you love. Lots of decisions and plans to talk through. You will have a busy few months but the end will be so worth it!

Pom Pom said...

How exciting! I think you guys are pros at moving and probably at building houses, too! Yay!

Michelle said...

So happy for you!! Sounds like exciting times!

ellen b said...

Oh what wonderful news and it sounds like a great decision. May God bless you as you go ahead with your plans!

Happy@Home said...

Yes, your title did shock me. Sounds like a great decision and fun to plan a brand new house. You two definitely know all the ins and outs of building. I look forward to following the progress and seeing your new walking routes once you move.

Lisa said...

Cant wait to follow along with ypur new move! How excitied you must be. I would love a smaller house and a front porch!
Losa

Lisa said...

Hahaaha did I just mispell my own name? Oh well, between spell check and no glasses, Im lucky to even get a sentence in.
Lisa

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is super exciting. It will be like being at the campground all year.Sounds good to me.

Dianna said...

I am so happy for you! It will be beautiful there...and the big country kitchen sold me right off!

The Furry Gnome said...

So exciting! It would be neat to be living right at Happy Trails. Hope it all works well.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Your title did surprise me! But oh my, that lot is absolutely gorgeous. It will be a wonderful place to call home. Congrats!!
hugs,
Jann

Adam said...

Good luck on the new house

eileeninmd said...

Hello, That was my guess. I am so happy for you, congrats! It is exciting news.
Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Cat Lover said...

Oh my goodness Karen, how exciting! I never expected that! Congratulations on your new house.
Looking forward to seeing all that goes on.
Robin

bettyC said...

What about Ken"s trains? All his beautiful work? I'm sure he's done it before. 🤔

Christine said...

How exciting and I think it will suit you both to a 'T'!!

Kerri Farley said...

Exciting! I had a feeling that is what you were going to tell us. I'll love seeing the progress when you get started :)

Ruta M. said...

That is exciting news. Now you'll be able to design your home exactly the way you want it. Looking forward to following your progress.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such exciting news, and the views you will have look amazing. I hope all your plans go well and look forward to you sharing the progress with us here ...

Love the rainbow!

My good wishes

All the best Jan

Vee said...

That did surprise me! Glad that you like to move. Sounds as if you will be downsizing...where will Ken's trains go?

Debby Ray said...

Oh I am SO excited for you! It is absolutely a gorgeous piece of land so very peaceful! I can relate to your excitement since we are planning to build our farmhouse across from our son in TN. We hope to put our house here in NC on the market next spring and live in an RV on the property while the house is being built. The rainbow was breathtaking!

Retired Knitter said...

Wow that is big news. I know you guys are champs at moving. I plan to never move against under my own steam. I hate moving. But how exciting to be building your own house.

M.K. said...

That is very big news!!! I remember a while back, when I was first reading about your work up at HT, I asked you if you were building a cabin to live in there, and you said, "no" - it was just a fun cabin for camping in the woods. I was a little disappointed ... and now you ARE moving up there :) How exciting! I look forward to reading about this big project ahead.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Just caught up.
How wonderful to have drawn up plans and be on your way to your dream of living at Happytrails!! I wish you lots of luck and hope everything goes to plan. Love the plans for your new home and a lovely big porch to sit outside and enjoy the stunning views, idyllic!!