Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Saturday's Critters

Some critters for Eileen's Saturday's Critters
One of the little red squirrels that visit my backyard feeder.
Milo, the cat that lives at the day care center in town.
Blue Birds this morning up at one of the cemeteries.
Pictures not that great because I had to zoom in but was happy to be
able to get any picture of othem

🐾     🐾
64 degrees this morning when I left on my walk.  There was a sight drizzle and 
it was once again windy though not as bad as yesterday.
Knew the umbrella wouldn't do much good so left it at home and just
figured I'd get wet.  After a mile the drizzle stopped and the rest of my walk
was just cloudy.
My walk took me all around town, behind my house, the two cemeteries,
and the ball park.
Noticed another house for sale in town, this one up the hill on my street.
Will be interesting to see what it sells for.
No others out this morning that I saw.
Walked 6.4 miles
🌻     🌻
Ken went up to Happy Trails after breakfast and I stayed home.

 In a few weeks it will be Bible Time (VBS) at our church and they
need lots of cookies for all the kids so today I made the first batch of
5 dozen chocolate chippers for them.  I did eat one cookie this time.

This evening there was an awards dinner for the teens at our church
held at Penn Alps in Grantsville that we went to and enjoyed very much.

Life is Good
 A happy day to you.
happyone 🎈

"Just living is not enough...
one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
~ Hans Christian Andersen

17 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Great pictures of the animals you meet on your daily walks. I love the birds in the cemetery. Glad your day has been good. Those kids who go to VBS at your church are sure lucky - they will get some of your delicious cookies! Have a happy Sunday!

Rose said...

Such sweet critters...squirrels are just so cute...and Milo is a handome cat! I don't see bluebirds very often...wish I did. They are so pretty.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The first Bluebird picture is fantastic. The bird and the flowers match.

Linda said...

What great little critters! I love that squirrel!

o2bhiking said...

I love bluebirds. And red squirrels as well, actually. They are so boisterous! When I lived in Maine, the red squirrel was more common than the gray squirrel, but bluebirds were very rare. Here in Richmond, there are no red squirrels but lots of bluebirds.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love your critters. The squirrel is adorable. Milo looks very relaxed. I have always loved the bluebirds, great shots. Sound like a great walk and day! Thank you for linking up your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day!

Adam said...

Even though they are listed as "pests" squirells are pretty darn cute

Back Porch Writer said...

Critters are cute! We love our critters - as long as they behave, I guess lol!

Cat Lover said...

Lovely critter photos Karen. I have only seen a bluebird once in my life. Lucky you to get a shot of them!
Have a good week!
Robin

CountryMum said...

The bluebirds are a very pretty colour. How beautiful.

Michelle said...

Squirrels are just about the cutest things.

Vee said...

The bluebird photo is so pretty with the blue flowers in the planter that so perfectly match him.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Oh my! You actually have blue birds, how wonderful! I love your squirrel and cat. Have a great Monday :)

Lisa said...

VBS was always so fun when I was a kid. Always looked forward to that week!!
Lisa

Lisa said...

PS: feel free to ship me some cookies. ha!

Kerri Farley said...

Your little red squirrel is adorable! And of course I LOVE the Bluebirds :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh, I think that squirrel looks so cute, lovely photo.

All the best Jan