Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Tuesday

This is NOT in my yard but I'd like it to be. 😊
🌻     🌻
A cloudy morning walk today and 45 degrees. 
I got an early start walking so decided to walk the Farm Loop.  
In a couple of weeks when school is out I can walk the Farm Loop anytime
without encountering the buses.
 These trees are on Farmer Bill's land and every time I pass them I
think they would all make great Christmas trees.
Didn't see the dairy farm cows today because they were off in the far field.
Once I got back to town, made a loop around one of the cemeteries and
the ball park loop, then up the main road before arriving back home.

Walked 6.2 miles
🌻     🌻
Right after breakfast Ken went up to Happy Trails and later I left
to go to the store to exchange a dress that my friend Becky had given me.
She was out one day and saw a dress and thought of me and so decided
to by it for me.
Sadly it was too big and the store didn't have it in a smaller size 
so I exchanged it for two light weight little sweaters, a black one and a yellow one.
 Ken came home for lunch and afterward when he went back to HT
I went along too.
Things coming along nicely with the cabin.
A few little things still need doing but we can finally see the end coming.
Then we have another project we are anxious to get started with. 😊
More on that in the future.

The dentist office called and my appointment has been rescheduled
for tomorrow morning.  I'll be glad when that is over.

A happy day to you.
happyone πŸ’—

"The reason people find it so hard to be happy
is that they always see the past better than it was,
the present worse than it is,
and the future less resolved than it will be."
~ Marcel Pagnol

Comment Replies:
Sue - I wrote a post back in Jan of 2015 about the coins I find on my walks. Here's the LINK.

Rose - The book I picked up yesterday is The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.  It's a non-fiction book about two men living in Chicago in the late 18 hundreds,  Daniel H Burnham, an architect, the other Dr. Henry H Holmes, a serial killer.  There fates were linked by a single event.  This book is the next selection for my book club. 

17 comments:

Tom said...

...that yard is to die for!

Vee said...

Nice yellow sweater! Beautiful garden...yours is almost there! Another year or two...🌿🌻🌼🌷🌸🌺🌹🌿🌱🌱🌱🌼🌼🌼

Connie said...

That garden is beautiful . . . it takes time to get to that place. That is what I'm doing . . . waiting on time to make my plants gorgeous. I lost so many roses and a few shrubs with our cold winter . . . but that's okay, I can start again and have faith that one day this yard will be the cottage garden that I dream of in my head :) So will yours . . . elbow grease, water, sunshine and faith . . . oh and patience (that's the hard one for me . . . but I'm still a work in progress).
Have a lovely walk tomorrow.
Your blogging sister,
Connie :)

Kerin said...

It's always fun to see your pictures... they are always so pretty.
Cute sweaters!

Looking forward to seeing what new project you have in the work.

~K.

Nellie said...

Oh, yes! I'd love to have a gazebo, too! You've made great progress on the cabin at HT!

The Furry Gnome said...

It'll be nice to see the cabin "finished"!

Adam said...

It would be nice to have a gazebo wouldn't it?

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Beautiful garden with beautiful flowers. Pretty summer cardigans, we finally have some sun over here now too xx

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen, lovely gardens in your first photo. Too bad you were unable to get the dress in your size. Very thoughtful of Becky!
Looking forward to seeing more photos of HT.
Take care.
Robin

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty scenes from your walk. The sweaters are cute. It will be great to see the finished Happy Trails cabin. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Melanie said...

I've always wanted a gazebo in my yard! Is that the project you are thinking about? The sweaters are very cute. Have a lovely day.

Sue said...

Having a gazebo is on my list of "would like to have"! This one is so pretty surrounded by the flowers!
Thanks for the link, I save pennies and have been for many years and place them in jars too! For some reason I always enjoy finding coins and bills too, Yesterday as I left the drug store I saw a dollar bill on the sidewalk, took it back in the lady said to keep it, so I have added it to my pennies!~smile~
So gladder you all that the cabin is almost finished, I know it has been a labor of love!
Have a blessed day,
Sue

ellen b said...

That is one nice yard for sure. It's nice to see the end in sight on a project. You two are hard workers. Hope you have a lovely evening.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That yard looks lovely.I wonder what your next project can be.

Dianna said...

Seeing the gazebo with the beautiful garden around it made me think of my grandmother and her flower garden. There was no gazebo, but a huge flower garden. I have flower beds, she had a flower garden. :)

I like your sweaters. That was sweet of your friend to think of you when she was out shopping and pick up something for you.

See you guys Friday night?

xx

Rose said...

Oh, those trees look like the perfect Christmas tree! Love the plowed land...

And we have seen a show about Holmes! I need to look for that book sometime...

Lowcarb team member said...

Like the look of those sweaters, especially the yellow one.

All the best Jan