Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, April 28, 2017

One more summer like day

🌻     🌻    
Left a little early this morning on my walk at 6:15.  It was 48 degrees and the sun 
was just coming up.  There were a few low hanging clouds about and I walked
in and out of a couple.

Since it was a bit early and the buses wouldn't be coming down the hill
I walked the Farm Loop.
 George came driving by and rolled down the window and we talked while
I walked and he drove.

Spear Road is off the farm loop and every once in a while I walk up that way
 to check out this tree.
Before we even bought our Happy Trails land we checked out lots of property
to buy in Garrett county.  One of the places we looked at was on Spear Road.
I first spotted this tree then and we stopped and I took a picture.
Didn't think much more about it until a couple of years later
after we bought Happy Trails and had moved into the house in town back
in 2013.   I was out walking one morning exploring the area and was surprised to
come upon this tree again. 

Walked back to the farm loop and headed to town.
Passed by this driveway and thought that the phlox was looking 
so pretty.
 Walked 6.3 miles
🌻     🌻
Another beautiful sunny summer like day.
After lunch I walked over to the library to pick up the next book
for my book club which meets the second Wednesday of the month.
While there I picked up 2 other books as well.
When I got home I sat out on the swing in the yard and read for a little while.

Posting a little earlier than usual today because we
 are headed out to an auction in just a bit and will be meeting
our friends Dianna and her husband Carroll there.
Dianna and I started out as blog friends. 😊

A happy day to you.
happyone 🎈

"How far that little candle throws his beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world."
~ William Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice

20 comments:

Prunella Pepperpot said...

The phlox are stunning! The tree is certainly unforgetable.
Have a wonderful weekend :)

Christine said...

Another pretty scene & pretty morning for a walk!
The phlox is so lovely spread along the bank!

Happy@Home said...

Your phlox looks stunning. Ours has already come and gone.
How neat that you and Dianna started out as blog friends. Hope you have fun at the auction.

Michelle said...

I hope the auction went well and you found a few treasures!

ellen b said...

Oh it will be nice to have a more summer like day here. Hope you found something fun at the auction for a steal!

Tom said...

...now that's quite a tree.

Sue said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me, enjoyed the photos so pretty, i love early morning fog! have a blessed weekend,
Sue

Adam said...

the tree is still hanging in there

The Furry Gnome said...

I love that carpet of phlox!

Rose said...

Wondering what is your book for book club? I hope you had fun at the auction and won anything that you bid on. And again, I love your photos.

Ruth Hiebert said...

You capture the most beautiful scenes on your walks. That tree is very special and unique.

Kerin said...

You've captured the beauty and the peaceful feeling of your area. Thanks for sharing!
Hope you had a lovely day, and a fun time with your friends at the auction!
Have a great weekend.
~K

Melanie said...

What an unusual tree! You certainly have pretty country to walk in. I hope you enjoyed your auction. I know that Dianna was excited to get together with you two. Have a blessed weekend.

Dianna said...

I surely enjoyed my walk with you...your pictures are so good, Karen. I don't know which would be my favorite. I do love the one with the stream in it at the top and the phlox one is gorgeous, too. But so were all the ones in between. :)

Carroll and I enjoyed our time with you and Ken last night! SO fun!

Pom Pom said...

It's snowing here today. Oh well. It'll be warmer tomorrow.
You're a good walker. I DEFINITELY would have stopped while talking! Ha ha ha!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Every time I see phlox, I want some! That is such a pretty setting. Thanks for the inspiration.

Debby Ray said...

Oh wow...I don't know which one I like the most...that awesome tree or the glorious phlox! I wish there were country roads around here with no traffic. You have such a beautiful area in which to walk!

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes the phlox are very pretty, such lovely colours.
From your photographs the weather looks perfect for walking.

All the best Jan

Cat Lover said...

As so many others said Karen the phlox photo is stunning. Wonderful photos today!
Take care.
Robin

Anonymous said...

It's very beautiful where you live! I'd love to come on one of your morning walks with you :) I live alongside a straight road so I can only walk in one direction and then back. Love the photo of the tree. Have a great weekend, G.