Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

A foggy start

🐝     🐝     🐝
The morning started off quite foggy with a temperature of 50 degrees.

Walked the roads behind my house and then straight through town and up
Barn Sale a ways.  
Down toward Happy Trails and then back to town.
Around both cemeteries and the ball park loop.

Gail was out walking but our paths didn't cross.  Saw her far away 
from where I was.

Coming back to town the fog was burning off.
And by the time I got home the sun was full out.
Walked 6.3 miles
🐝     🐝     🐝
Finished the set of dish cloths for Tricia and will give them to her
tonight at church.
Ken went up to Happy Trails first thing this morning and I stayed home.
Did a couple loads of laundry and got them out on the line,
did a couple of things around the house and then went outside.

Ken came home for lunch and we took a break and then he went
back to HT and I continued weeding one of the front gardens.
I am happy to say I finished it.
Then marked out with the rake where I want the paths in the garden.
 I am taking pictures and will post them when it is finished.

It was like a summers day, lots of bright sunshine and in the 70's.
My clothes were dried in to time.  I bet faster than if I had a dryer.

Have supper cooking in the oven and it should be done soon so
that's it for today.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  🎈

"Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something,
loves somethings and has lost something."
~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr
Comment replies:
Rose - Yes, the barn from the previous post was a barn along my walk.  There are many barns I pass. : )

12 comments:

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen, lovely photos! Love the first one.
Glad you enjoyed a sunny summer-like day. We did too!
Take care.
Robin

Happy@Home said...

I like the way the colors in the dishcloths mimic the photo above it. Your yellow house, green grass, and the blue sky. So pretty and spring-like. Tricia will be very happy to receive them.

Inger said...

That is a meaningful quote and such beautiful pictures. I love that first one with the fog in the background.

Tom said...

...fog can be magical.

Lowcarb team member said...

That certainly was a foggy start but it turned into a great looking day, just look at that lovely blue sky!

Those dish clothes for Tricia look great, I'm sure she will be so pleased when you see her later.

All the best Jan

Rose said...

I love your foggy shots...and the dish cloths are nice!

Dianna said...

It was foggy here this morning, too. I love foggy mornings like that and I also love watching it burn off by the sun's rays. It is those simple pleasures in life that He gives us to enjoy. :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those foggy scenes are beautiful.

Christine said...

The mist is enchanting and soft but oh how wonderful when it clears and you can see for miles!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the first foggy scene and the two trees. It is foggy here this morning. The dish clothes are pretty. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Kerin said...

Sounds like a lovely walk, and a lovely day. The dishcloths turned out great and I think will be received with a grateful heart.
Love your header pic. What plants are in blossom??

Enjoy this gorgeous day.
~K.

ellen b said...

Love the moody foggy shots. Nice dish cloths.