Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, March 20, 2017

Barn Collective

Linking up again this Monday with Tom for the Barn Collective.
I suppose this is a bit small for a barn and looks more like a shed  
but still, I like it there behind the trees.
🌺     🌺     🌺
From yesterday's morning walk.
🌺     🌺     🌺
This morning it was 32 degrees and cloudy when I head out walking.
No ice around so I got to wear my regular walking shoes.

No special route just walked all around town.
One of the cemeteries and the ball park loop still has snow so
couldn't walk around them.
Walked up Barn Sale Rd a ways and then down toward HT.

After the last few snowy days work on the church roof has resumed.
There are some pretty steep roof pitches and as I walked by I said
a prayer to keep the workers safe.

Didn't see anyone else out walking or running.
Walked 6.2 miles
🌺     🌺     🌺
Right after breakfast we went to church and loaded up the church
trailer with the Romans books from Fingerprints that we helped 
put together.  Ken got the load secured and ready for tomorrow
when we will be bringing them down to Staunton, Virginia.
The return trip we will be bringing a pallet of scriptures that have
to be assembled and cut.

On the way home we stopped at Tractor Supply to look around.
Lots of cute little chicks awaiting homes.
Bought a suet feeder and a block of suet for a treat for  
my backyard birds.  If they like it I'll get some more.
Finished the Fox puzzle.  Unfortunately it had one piece missing
so into the garbage it went.
 We did see some sun today and it did warm up too.
It almost feels like spring today on the first day of spring.

A happy day to you.
happyone 🍭

No matter how long the winter,
spring is sure to follow.
~ Proverb

16 comments:

Christine said...

It is a fine old barn & your shot is pretty with the trees in front.
How cute are those wee chicks!
Have a great day!

Tom said...

...I've been out barn hunting over the weekend, soon some barns like yours will disappear as the trees leaf out. Thanks so much for sharing, please stop again.

Rose said...

Yep, that is the fox puzzle we did. My girls and I love puzzles, but my husband doesn't. Have you ever did the photo mosaic ones? I have did two or three of them and have one waiting for me...a friend gave me his and told me to work it or burn, he didn't care which. Well, my kitties lost some pieces of it when they were young, so I bought another one, but haven't started it. It is hard. It is of a Wolve...it is THIS one.

I would consider that a barn...and I love that fence shot!

Dianna said...

I really like your picture for the barn collective link up, Karen. I'm like you...I like the way it sets back a bit.

I will be praying for you and Ken tomorrow as you make the trip to VA and back. I know the Lord will bless you for your efforts.

The fox puzzle is pretty...too bad it had a piece missing.

Vee said...

You are ruthless with those missing piece puzzles. 🙂 Where do you buy these puzzles? Have you no outlet for reselling them? Does your library have a puzzle section? Ours has a puzzle set up and being worked on all the time. There's also a stack that one can select from without having to return it.

Have a wonderful spring!

Adam said...

first time I've seen a pallet crossed in the straps on a truck. I've always seen a very straight "line" hold but then again that's on trucks with many pallets that typically take up all the room on the trailer.

A Colorful World said...

Loved the barn and the beautiful fence shot! Such sweet little chicks!

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like a barn to me!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I really like how you are doing these Scripture projects. You know that the Word of God is going out to many people. That's great to see.

doodles n daydreams said...

What a shame about the piece missing in the jigsaw. I love your snow pictures but I guess you are looking forward to some warm weather coming up.

Diana

piccolina said...

I like the barn shot..and those chicks look so lovely!
Have a lovely week happyone!:)

Cat Lover said...

Great photos Karen, I would say that was a barn! You, like me, must be getting tired of walking in the snow. We had a decent day yesterday too but we are to be cooler for the next couple days. Hope this is the end of it!
Hope your birds enjoy the suet.
Have a good day!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, great barn shot. We have some snow on the ground here too. Those chicks are so cute. I think the birds will love the suet. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day and the week ahead!

Sue said...

Enjoyed all the photos, old barns really fascinate me, the puzzle is pretty though I can only imagine the let down by missing the last piece.~smile~
I also enjoy going to Tractor Supply to get our farm needs! Have a blessed day!
Sue

Michelle said...

Nice barn shot. We are looking to get a few chicks this season. Chickens are a lot of fun.

CountryMum said...

I have caught a little behind on blogs so am enjoying catching up with your daily walks and photos.