Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, March 23, 2017

A chilly start

🌺     🌺     🌺
I was surprised this morning by the cold temperature.  
Only 14 degrees. (-10 C)
BUT there was no wind and the sun came out.

Down by the town pond there have been some red winged black birds
there for a while now and today I was happy to be able to get a picture of one.
No route again and just walked all over town, up and down all the streets
and around both cemeteries and the ball park loop.

I saw Kathy's car parked by the pond but we never ran into each other.

Felt bad for the guys working on the roof of the church in this
cold weather.

As always nice to be able to get outside for a morning walk.
Walked 6 miles
🌺     🌺     🌺
Had a quick breakfast, got ready and left for church for a day
of doing Fingerprints.  People come and go during the day, but there
were about 20 of us there working.
We got just under 4,000 assembled and cut.

Ken and I were the last to leave at 4:30.
Stopped on the way home at Brenda's for supper because I didn't
feel like cooking.

The temperature warmed up in the 40's and was sunny all day.
Nice to be home now for a nice quiet evening.
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone 🎈

Darkness cannot put out the Light.
It can only make God brighter.
~ Unknown

12 comments:

Henny Penny said...

That is cold! Thank you for replying to my comment. I've found that layers do make a huge difference when I'm out feeding the animals early in the morning. Having the wind NOT blowing makes a huge difference too. I can tolerate the cold more when the wind is calm. I've never seen a red wing black bird, but we do have them here.

Tom said...

...I sure like your red winged black bird.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty images. I love the Redwing Blackbird. It is supposed to warm up this weekend, I hope so. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

Connie said...

I agree your red wing blackbird photo is stunning. You certainly have more time to enjoy the beauty around you when your walking rather than flying by in a car. Have a lovely weekend.

The Furry Gnome said...

Pretty chilly here too, freezing rain this morning.

Cat Lover said...

Lovely photos down by the pond Karen. We were quite chilly yesterday but the sun came out and I hung out wash. It actually dried!
Have a good weekend!

Adam said...

That lone bird is one I don't see around here I don't think

Lisa said...

brrrrr. I admire that you can brace the cold for walks. That is some dedication!!!
Lisa

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Ooh that is cold, it never gets that cold here. Love the photo of your red winged blackbird, haven't seen one before xx

Ruth Hiebert said...

The Red-winged Blackbird picture is stunning, but then the other one is great as well.

Dianna said...

LOVE the pictures by the pond, Karen! The one of the Red-winged Blackbird is wonderful. It appears as those it was posing for you. :)

You had a long day at church doing the Fingerprints, but I know it is something that you and Ken enjoy doing. The Lord takes notice of it. I'm glad you went to Brenda's for supper. I wouldn't have felt like cooking either. :)

ellen b said...

Love the quote. Love that shot of the bird on the pussy willow!