Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Mr Scarecrow

Sometimes people ask me what my favorite walking weather is.  
This morning was that weather.
44 degrees with sun and clouds and just a little breeze.  
Don't have to wear so many layers and no hat.

I walked the Farm Loop, this little pond is on Farmer Bill's farm.
Mr Scarecrow seems to have died.  He too is at Farmer Bill's farm.
Back in July he was smiling.  You can see him HERE.

Looks like the geese are coming back to town.  
Here are a few of them in the field down from the school. 
Passing the Dairy Farm there were about 6 little kittens running around 
in the road and they all ran for cover as I walked by.

Once I got back to town walked a loop around town before going back home.
Walked 6.4 miles
Found a penny
🌻     🌻     🌻
Here are the pictures I took yesterday at the
little family cemetery at the stone quarry.
You won't be able to read the monument but the picture shows the whole cemetery.
It is the family cemetery of the Shoemakers and Ringers.
While we were walking around, one of the quarry employees stopped and
asked if we were looking for a particular grave.  Told him no we just stopped
to take a look.  He told us that we were the first people he has ever seen there.
Back in the 90's all the graves were moved to this location from up over the hill
where the quarry is.


🌻     🌻     🌻
It was a nice spring like day, sunny and a high of 60.
We left mid morning and spent the day in Oakland which is 20 miles
down the road.  Went in a few antique stores, walked around town and also did
a few errands while we were out.
Snapped this picture of a train going by.
Took a little walk over the bridge.
Found a few more blue and white plates for over my kitchen cabinets
and now my collection is complete, no more room.
 Planning on spending our usual quiet evening at home.
Life is Good
I have enjoyed my day and hope you have enjoyed yours too.

A happy day to you.
happyone 🎈

"There is a magic in long-distance friendships.
They let you relate to other human beings in a way
that goes beyond being physically together
and is often more profound."
~ Diana Cortes
Comment Replies:
BettyC - The brand of the puzzle is Milton Bradly and the picture is from the Charles Wysocki's Americana series.

17 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely photo of the geese reflected in the pond! Poor Mr Scarecrow didn't survive the winter!
I love your blue plates!

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, Just went back and looked at all your posts for the last week. Enjoyed them all. Favorites: First picture of the snowy road through the trees on Friday 17th; Very neat snow scene puzzle - congrats on finishing it; Loved the story about the box with mixed puzzles going in the trash -- had to smile on that; First pic on Feb 16, the bare trees, pond, snow, sure looks cold, but beautiful. I also enjoy reading the comments other bloggers leave for you. You have a great bunch of followers! I'm looking forward to see if there are comments about Mr. Scarecrow in today's post. :-) Sure hear you about those last 3 blue plates and no more room ... same is true here for railroad china! Hope you and Ken have a great weekend!

ellen b said...

I love blue and white plates! I think those walking conditions are about my favorite, too. I like to walk without heat and without lots of clothing! Have a lovely Sunday.

Tom said...

...perhaps you will have to start another collection.

Dianna said...

Oh...your blue and white dishes are beautiful!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I enjoy taking my virtual walks with you and seeing the sights you see.

Henny Penny said...

Looks like a much nicer day for walking than in your last post...it looks so cold and snowy. All your walks seem nice though. Poor Mr. scarecrow, and he looked so happy before. Your blue dishes are so pretty. I'm trying to collect the pink and white dishes and found two teacups this week.

The Furry Gnome said...

Too bad about the dead scarecrow!

Bethany Carson said...

That scarecrow does look like he's in pretty bad shape! Winter can be hard! Loved seeing your photos of the geese, the beautiful bridge, and the train. I always enjoy visiting old cemeteries. Today was really beautiful here too. It was completely awesome to be able to be outside without a coat!

bettyC said...

Thanks for the info. Look at the prices of some of these.

https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=milton+bradley+puzzles+Charles+Americana+series&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Amilton+bradley+puzzles+Charles+Americana+series

I'll continue to look

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the geese at the pond. The scenery, bridge and train are all wonderful captures. I hope the scarecrow can be revived this spring. Happy Sunday, enjoy your week ahead!

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen, love your geese photos. If someone just looked quickly at the scarecrow they might think it was a person lying in the field! What interesting headstones. Looks like a peaceful spot. We are enjoying Spring-like temperatures too.

Melanie said...

It does look like the perfect walk Poor scarecrow. Maybe he's just taking a nap. I find that old cemetaries are very peaceful and I love to try to read the inscriptions. Enjoy your Sonday.

Connie said...

Congratulations on your blue and white plate find. I also collect them. Nothing seems as fresh and clean and country as blue and white:) My collection is mixed patterns, too . . . I love that casual look. Great photos . . . love the bridge and send my sympathy to poor Mr. Scarecrow.
Connie :)

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Oh dear, Mr Scarecrow is having a bad time!! I hope Farmer Bill can sort him out with some much needed TLC.
What a lovely walk.
Your blue and white china brings back memories of my gran. What great finds and I expect they look lovely on display.
Have a fantastic new week :)

Michelle said...

Lovely views on the farm loop. Nice to see the geese. I also like your blue/white plates. A favorite of mine.

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh poor Mr Scarecrow ... he did have a happy smile, thanks for the link.

I love your geese pictures, and so pleased you had a good walk.

All the best Jan