Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Caught in the rain

The sky this morning when I started out on my walk.
🌻     🌻     🌻
It was 56 degrees when I left this morning.  
Just wore a sweat shirt with tights and shorts and headed up around the Farm Loop.
It was supposed to rain later on in the day so thought I'd have plenty of time
to get my walk in.
After about a mile or so the sky to the south had some dark clouds
moving in and I saw this rainbow.
Another half mile and I felt the first drops of rain.
Had just gotten past Farmer Bill's farm and it started pouring.
Thought about calling Ken to ask him to pick me up because even though it
was 56 the rain was cold and I was soaked and starting to get cold.
While deciding to call or not,  I heard a beep beep, turned
around and there was Ken in the truck.   
So only got a 2 1/2 mile walk in.
It was worth being outside even for a little while just to see that
sunrise and the rainbow.
🌈
It got cooler during the day and in the afternoon I saw some sleet
mixed in with the rain.
Late afternoon the sun came out.

I baked cookies today - Snickerdoodles.
These are for the kids at church which I don't have to bring in
for a couple of weeks yet so put them in the freezer.
Have to make another batch.
 If you'd like the recipe I've put it on
Karen's Kitchen.
(Link at bottom of posts)

The next book for the book club didn't sound good at all so
I'm not even going to try reading it.
I started a book called Highgate Rise by Anne Perry.
It is a Charlotte and Thomas Pitt novel and I've read all the previous
ones and really like them.

 Hope all is well in your world.
A happy day to you.
happyone 🎈

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either
for the first or last time."
~ Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

Comment Replies:
Art - Yes, I do take my pepper spray with me.

12 comments:

Cat Lover said...

Hi Katen, glad Ken popped by and picked you up. It rained so hard here most of the day that we didn't walk today. It was only 36 degrees here so it was a very cold rain. It even ice pelleted for a few minutes too.
Gorgeous sunrise photo, lovely you saw the rainbow!
Take care.

Lisa said...

I do not think I have ever seen a rainbow reflecting from the sun rise. Thanks for the sharing the beauty.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those skies are amazing.

The Furry Gnome said...

Boy, what a thoughtful hubby!

Tom said...

Ken's a nice guy!

Adam said...

The rainbow does look a little faint. I remember being able to make my own rainbows with a garden hose when I was little.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, beautiful sky and rainbow. Your hubby is sweet. Love the quote, so true.

Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful!

Lowcarb team member said...

So nice that Ken came and picked you up.
Those two photographs showing the sunrise and the rainbow are just lovely.

All the best Jan

Dianna said...

Hello Karen,

That sunrise picture is definitely worth getting up for...and then to see the rainbow just a little while later is really special.

Somehow I thought that beep beep was going to be Ken picking you up. :)

hula-la said...

Great post, and I love that Ken showed up just when you needed him to! Fun how that works out sometimes, doesn't it? Snickerdoodles are my all time fave cookie to bake! We had the tornado warnings, power outage for 24 hours, which I loved, since I had the wood stove burning hot and loads of candles! But after tons of trees down, and a fire from some downed wires, I'm glad it's all over. Aloha!

John's Island said...

Great sunrise and rainbow shots! Thanks for sharing!