Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Finished scarf

⛄     ⛄     ⛄
Got a late start walking this morning at 7:40.
The temperature was 18 degrees with snow showers and a bit windy
but as windy as yesterday.

Went to the post office first and mailed off my Christmas cards
and then walked around town.
Made my way to both cemeteries and around the ball park loop too.
Stayed off the main roads for the most part because
snow plows were moving along plowing and putting down gravel
and I didn't want to get in the way.

Didn't see any people about but someone was walking earlier
because I saw two sets of footprints.   
One of them I noticed was wearing ice grippers.
Also saw tracks of birds, deer, rabbits, and a chipmunk.

For about a half hour the snow stopped and I saw blue sky.
Then the sky filled with clouds again it it started snowing.

Walked 6 miles
 ⛄     ⛄     ⛄
Puttered around home today. 

Finished knitting my Mom's scarf.  It is so soft I think I'm going to 
knit one for myself too, but mine will be not as wide and longer.
I thought my Mom would like the shorter one.




Did some more baking, another batch of Chocolate Chippers.
Got some laundry done.
Now that I can't hang my laundry outside I have been hanging
them inside down in the basement.
We have the other pellet stove going down there so it is warm
and dries the clothes nicely.

Found time for a little reading and we have started Puzzle #5.
Another 500 piece one.  Puzzles 3 and 4 and now 5 have all been from one box
with a bunch of different ones in it, all in separate plastic bags.
I think there are 10 of them.

Seems like a good day to make pizza so I have the bread machine 
making the dough now and we'll have that for supper.

A happy day to you.
happyone 🎈

 "I will honor Christmas in my heart,
and try ti keep it all the year long."
~ Charles Dickens
Comment replies:
Melanie - We take the puzzles apart and put them back in the box for next time. : )
I've saved two puzzles and they hang on the wall.  A cow scene one and one of birds sitting on a fence.

13 comments:

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen,sounds like you had a nice day.
Your Mom's scarf is very pretty. She will love it!
We don't have a dryer so I hang downstairs in the basement too. Our house tends to be very dry so the added moisture is good.
Have a great evening!

CountryMum said...

It's snowing!! Love your scarf, very colourful.

John's Island said...

Congrats on the scarf. It looks great and I'll bet your mom will love it. Enjoyed the pictures you took on your walk last few days. When it gets snowy I wonder how you handle keeping good traction while walking on the roads?

Adam said...

My car was frosted for the first time this season this morning.

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen! Homemade pizza sounds very good. Your scarf DOES look soft!

The Furry Gnome said...

Ilove the soft transitions between the colours in that scarf.

Vee said...

It sure feels as if winter has arrived a little early with very cold temps. The house is pinging like crazy and can be most annoying.

Your mother is going to love her scarf. Does she wear one to keep a little warmer? Sometimes I wear one around, even inside, on days when my neck is a bit stiff. The scarf you made me is good for that!

Lisa said...

The scarf is lovely! Shes gonna be so happy.
Lisa

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

The snow is beautiful, but sure sounds cold. You are a determined gal to keep walking when it's so nippy! I bet you feel so close to God when you are out there alone. We noticed lots of deer tracks across our front yard. I hope to get back to walking in the new year. We enjoy doing puzzles, but haven't for a long time. Love the scarf and I'm sure your mom will to!!
hugs,
Jann

doodles n daydreams said...

Your Mum is going to love that scarf, it looks so nice and soft. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Diana

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the cold temps are making there way down to Florida. The snowy scenes are pretty. The scarf is beautiful, I think your mom will love it. I like the Dickens quote. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!

Snow said...

The lovely soft scarf is the next best thing to a hug around your mom's neck! Great gift!

Lowcarb team member said...

Just looking at your snowy photo's, makes me feel cold!

I just love the scarf you've made for your Mom - yes, you should make one for your self too!

All the best Jan