Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Home again

🍂     🍂     🍂     🍂
We had a wonderful time visiting with Bernice and Chuck.
We left Monday after my walk and got there mid afternoon.  
It's a six hour drive including a stop for lunch.
Here we are crossing the Delaware Memorial Bridge.
 They live in Little Egg Harbor, NJ which is down the shore on the bay side.
It had been two years since we had seen each other but once I saw her
it seemed hardly any time at all had passed.  
We spent the night there and had a lovely morning with them and
left for home mid afternoon.
Maggie is their dog and she is quite a character and we liked her
right away and I'm pretty sure she liked us too.  😊
 I'm hoping the three of them will visit us here one of these days.
🍁     🍁     🍁     🍁
This morning here at home was back to normal and my day started as 
usual with my morning walk.
51 degrees and cloudy.

I walked the farm loop and I'm happy to say no goats followed me this time.
It was the first time I've walked passed since that day.

The farmers have started mowing down the corn
 and the soy beans in this field are all gone now.
Passing by Farmer Bill's place I noticed a couple of new residents there.
A couple of llamas.
Heading back to the main road up here.
Back in town I walked a loop around town and one of the cemeteries.
Didn't see anyone else out walking.

Walked 6.2 miles
Found my first coin this month, a nickel
🍁     🍁     🍁     🍁
 I had a day outside working in the yard today.
Mowed the lawn and did a good bit of weeding too.  Cut down some of the sunflowers but left them out so the birds could get the seeds.

Straightened the back shed out a bit and finally just sat in the
swing for a while before coming back in the house.
It was a bit chilly and kept my sweatshirt on while working.
Was mostly cloudy but did the see the sun once in a while.
Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and I'll get my laundry done then.

A happy day to you.
happyone  🎈

You can always tell when two people are best friends 
because they are having more fun that it makes 
sense for them to be having.
~ Unknown

13 comments:

piccolina said...

I love view of your new home here..it's autumn time! Seems like you have a well-spent day. I love dogs, the one in the photo looks adorable.

A blessed day!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to read you had a great time with Bernice and Chuck. Their dog looks very friendly too. I hope they can visit you one of these days ...

Interesting to see the llamas, they always seem a friendly animal to me.

Glad that you were able to sit in the swing a while and just relax ...

Take care

All the best Jan

Happy@Home said...

Your visit sounds just wonderful. Maggie is a cutie and I think it is so nice that you include her in the invitation to visit your home. I hope they are able to do it as you all had such a nice time together.
Sounds like a good walk and interesting to see the seasonal changes happening in your area. Also glad to hear that the goats didn't follow you.

Christine said...

Lovely to visit with family and enjoy good times! I can see that the leaves are turning in your part of the world.
Have a great day!

Pom Pom said...

What a sweet visit you had! It's lifegiving to connect with dear friends.

Melanie said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with friends. A nice get-away. I wonder where the goats were today? Have a great evening.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

How wonderful that you were able to take a break by the water. Sounds good to me as it's been a long time since we've been near the ocean.

Grandma C said...

Your country side photos are beautiful!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love to visit the Jersey shore. So glad you had a nice visit with your friend. I love the cute dog. The llamas are cool too. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Kerin said...

Glad you had a nice trip.
Beautiful pictures, once again. I love seeing your part of the country.

Have a sweet day.

~K.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful break. I am so in love with Maggie. She is gorgeous!
Be careful that you don't attract the llamas to follow you!
Have a wonderful Wednesday :)

Sunflower Days said...

Maggie looks like a Labradoodle? Pamie

o2bhiking said...

I'm glad that you had a fun trip and a safe return. Always good to catch up with friends. Cute dog!!!!