Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 22, 2016

Friday

✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
Though it is by no means dark when I leave for my walk the sun no longer wakes my up shining in the window.  I do get to see the sunrise though and I took the above picture at the end of my driveway this morning.

Walked first to public works and dropped the water bill down the slot.  Then continued on my walk and walked around the Farm Loop.






I take a lot of pictures of this barn as I walk past but today took a close up of two of its doors.










Then walked up to the open door and took a picture of the inside. 










 The corn is quite tall now and is taller than me.  I noticed some ears of corn starting to grow now.  Most of the corn grown around here are feed for the animals.






Walked a little way up Spear Rd which is off of the FL.  Some cows were in the pasture there and walked along the fence as I did.  Then all of sudden they all turned and ran up the hill.  I guess it was something I said. : )

Once back to town I made a loop around town and walked around the ball park loop and then home.

Didn't see anyone else out today.

Walked 6.4 miles.
Found 2 pennies.
✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
Stopped at the post office this morning first to mail off a package and card to my mom.


Then went to the library, but not to the one in town.  I decided to take my car for a little ride up to Grantsville and went to one there for a change.  I got there a little early before it opened at 11:00 and sat on the bench watching the ducks in the pond for a while.







A few of them came out of the water looking for something to eat.  When they saw I had nothing for them most of them went back in the water.  These two settle down near me.




I checked two books out of the library and put another two on hold.






This is the celery I've been growing.  It is doing well planted outside in soil now.






I finally got some house cleaning done this afternoon.  I'd put it off long enough.
Then it was nice to sit out on the front porch and Ken brought out a couple of ice cream cones for us.  : )



This pretty little yellow flower came up in my garden and I even don't remember planting it.  Does anyone know what it is?
               Edit:
 Found out that they are
Sundrops Evening Primrose.




Well it's just about time for supper which tonight will be salads.  I made macaroni salad earlier.  No recipe for that either.  It is always just a little bit different each time. This time I used ditalini pasta mixed with mayonnaise, celery, dill weed, sage, apple vinegar and a little bit of sugar.
I am going to make a salad of mixed greens, with dried cranberries, pecans, croutons,  and strawberries.  Topped off with Ken's Steak House lite Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette dressing.  A couple of salads make a nice summer supper.

It's been a good day.
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone : )
"Time is the coin of your life.
It is the only coin you have,
and only you can determine how it will be spent.
Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."
~ Carl Sandburg

26 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Oh what a beautiful morning :) Love that pic!

happyone said...

Thank you. You have always encouraged me with my photos and I thank you for that. : )

Lowcarb team member said...

Another lovely selection of photo's.
I hope someone may be able to identify that yellow flower for you.

That celery is looking good!

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

The sunrise is beautiful.I've noticed too that the sun is coming up later and setting a little earlier.

happyone said...

I hope so too. It is kind of a mystery. : )

happyone said...

Thank you. I think of it as God saying Good Morning to me. : )

Jagoda Smith said...

Beautiful pictures, Karen. And it is salad weather here in the South East of England too - a tad too hot for me.

doodles n daydreams said...

It's nice to change your day around a bit now and then. You gave us some nice photos.

Diana

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Looks as though you had a glorious time. I love watching the ducks.
The evenings are beginning to get darker earlies now, quite noticeable.
Enjoy the remaining weekend :)

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen, I have noticed the sun is later rising too. Still dark when we get up at 5:00!
Love the photo of the inside of the barn. Thanks for sharing it!
It must have been lovely sitting by the pond watching the ducks.
In this hot weather we are eating lots of salad and fruit too. We have had the hottest summer here. I am anxious for Fall.
Have a good weekend!

happyone said...

Thank you. Yes, summer is good salad eating weather. : )

happyone said...

Yes, it is. Thank you.

happyone said...

Yes, they were fun to watch.

happyone said...

Good that you get your walk in during the coolest part of the day.
Hope your have a cooler day today. : )

o2bhiking said...

Glad you had a good Friday! Me too, although it was at work. Ah well. Love the sunrise!

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, Comments for this week's posts: July 22nd, Great sunrise pic ... the colors almost look more like sunset, don't they? Neat shot of your celery ... it's on the way! The yellow flower is sure pretty, but I don't know what it is. July 20th, Got a smile out of the scarecrow! Neat walk picture. July 19th, The cone flowers are pretty. Very nice "Good Morning" photo! July 18th, The kayak trip sounds fun! Very neat photo of the nest on the fence. Hope you and Ken have a fine weekend!

happyone said...

Good Morning Art. Have a great Saturday. : )

happyone said...

Yes, the golden sunrise does look more like a sunset.
Thank you for all those nice words.

Happy@Home said...

What a beautiful picture of the sun rising. I can see that I need to pay more attention to when the sun is rising and setting.
Your comment on the cows taking off made me laugh. I know for sure it wasn't anything you said :).
Salad for supper and ice cream cones on the porch sounds like great summertime eating to me. Our porch is currently off limits as there seems to be a bee's nest out there. Brett and I have both been stung and they deliver a powerful punch. Ouch!

happyone said...

Ken got rid of the bees nest on the porch with one of the far reaching spraying cans. It did the trick.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

It's great that we can all track the sunrise later and later by just reading your blog. You do all the work and we get the knowledge. ;-) I use to walk just 3 miles and thought that was something. 6.4 is really something.

Adam said...

Funny just how many libraries are different

Pom Pom said...

Yum! I'll come over for dinner!

happyone said...

I started out walking 2 miles many years ago and over the years it just increased.

happyone said...

There sure are a lot of them out there and for that I am thankful.

happyone said...

Anytime you're in the neighborhood come on by. : )