Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, May 02, 2016

Banana Peppers

✿     ✿     ✿     ✿

It was 54 degrees this morning when I started walking and a light rainy mist so I wore my rain pants and slicker.  After a couple of miles, the rain had stopped, the clouds were gone and the sun came out.  I was getting warm in my rain gear so I went back home and changed into my regular walking clothes.

The picture is of white lilacs.  I like the pink ones better but these sure do smell just as good.  The lilacs in my yard bloom later than the rest of them around town. 

I walked all around town, up Barn Sale Rd a ways, the cemeteries and the ball park loop.  Saw another walker and two people walking dogs.

So nice to see and hear all the birds about in the morning.  They make me smile.

Walked 6.1 miles.
Coins I found along my walk for the month of April are:
1 dime
3 nickles
7 pennies
Total 32 cents - not great but better than none. : )
✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
Six months sure go by fast.  I can't believe that tomorrow is time to go back to the dentist.  Seems like I was just there.  Since I always take some chocolate chippers along with me on my dentist visits, I baked yet another batch of them today.

Monday starts another week of cleaning and I got a good start on this weeks house cleaning.

In the afternoon I went outside and did some weeding, a never ending job.  Was out front weeding when Ken came driving up the driveway and that ended my weeding.  Nice to sit out on the porch for a while before we came in got cleaned up and headed out to Brenda's for half price pizza for supper.  Today we got a topping, banana peppers.
Sat by the window over looking the lake.
 It's been a good day.
A happy day to you.
happyone : )
Been taken for granted?
Imagine how God feels.
~ Unknown

14 comments:

Karen said...

I LOVE banana peppers. I grow them in my garden. I'm usually the only one who eats them, but that okay - more for me! Beautiful pictures :)

Henny Penny said...

I was going to say what Karen said. :) I love banana peppers too, the sweet ones. And, I love your pictures.

The Furry Gnome said...

Beautiful pocture of the mist rising from the pond.

Adam said...

I need to get a new dentist. I didn't go last year though I meant to, but don't worry I have at least 7 more teeth left.

I actually did lose one tooth and got it replaced with a bridge.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

mmm banana and peppers, not sure, but saying that it does look delicious! Just had another look and realized it's not actual bananas but small peppers, phew!!!!
I love all lilacs, we do have a white Madame Lemoine and I love it because of it's fragrance.
Your welcome to have your teeth cleaned by me any time if you bring me fresh baked cookies. Your Dentist must love seeing you!
Have a great week :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the pizza looks delicious. I like the banana peppers too. The lilac is pretty, mine is not in bloom yet. Love the view of the lake! Enjoy your day and the week ahead!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Banana Peppers on Pizza???? Sounds wonderful. I always get banana peppers on my Subway Sandwiches --but have never had them on anything else. I love those peppers since they are GOOD and yet not spicy!!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that first misty picture.it is so beautiful.

Aritha V. said...

Never heard about Banana Peppers on Pizza :-) i love the first pic! Very nice.

Sunflower Days said...

Saw your pizza and instantly I was craving pizza for dinner...yummy! Looks delish!

mzzbev said...

Loooooove banana peppers! That pizza looks delicious!! Hope the dentist visit went well. :)

Christine said...

Oh but what a lovely shot of the early morning mist on the lake! Its lovely to hear nothing but birdsong early on your walk!
Yummy pizza!

Lowcarb team member said...

Just love that first image - just wonderful.
I like lilacs, no matter what the colour.

All the best Jan

Prunella Pepperpot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.