Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, February 13, 2016

A heart prize

Taken from the overlook on route 219 outside of town.  Just starting to snow.
☀     ☀     ☁     ☁
Another inside walk for me today.  A little bit warmer than yesterday at 4 degrees.  It is pretty windy too.  We've had a mix of sun and clouds during the day.

More of the same today doing this and that around the house.  After lunch I went outside and shoveled a couple more inches of snow off the driveway.  I get a lot of walking in going back and forth.
A package came in the mail for me today.  Remember that book I liked so much, The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry?  I mentioned to Ken that it was a book I'd like to read again and would like my own copy of it.  Next thing I know it shows up in the mail.
What a guy!!  Thanks Kenny. : )

Every year our church has a Couples Banquet and it was held this evening. This year it was at Ace's Run, a restaurant down by the lake.  Had a whole big room to ourselves.  It was a buffet and the food was very good.  There was a quest speaker and we also played a few of those silly games.  One of the games was to see how much we knew about our spouses and Ken and I won. : )  The heart of M & M's and nuts was the prize.  Everyone got hearts of candy.
It was a most enjoyable evening.
It's only 1 degree out now, supposed to dip below zero so it looks like another walk inside again tomorrow.
No ice cream tonight - ate too much food already today!!
I'm off to finish the latest weave-it baby blanket.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone : )
A bell is no bell 'till you ring it,
A song is no song 'til you sing it,
And love in your heart
Wasn't put there to stay,
Love isn't love
'Till you give it away.
~ Oscar Hammerstien
Sound of Music
Comment Replies:
Patti - I used to live in Ellicott City, MD.  It is half way between DC and Baltimore.  The lake is at Centennial Park and I lived just 1/2 mile from it.  Most of my morning walks were taking around it. 

9 comments:

Adam said...

I remember the episode of Full House where they played the newlywed game (though not everyone was married) and Danny got set up with a woman he didn't even know because his fiance had to work or something. They ended up winning.

The Furry Gnome said...

The picture of your house reminds me of hours spent shovelling the driveway as a teenager back home! Now I use a big snowblower.

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen, you really have a winter wonderland around your town. We STILL have hardly any snow. You have a large driveway to shovel. We had a similar one at our home in Nova Scotia. Sounds like you had a lovely time last night.
Have a wonderful Sunday!

Melanie said...

Karen, I think that a walk indoors sounds much more comfortable. I'm glad you enjoyed your couple's Valentine's banquet. Have a lovely Valentine's Day.

Happy@Home said...

Congratulations on your win. What a cute prize!
It is a winter wonderland at your house. Looks so pretty, but I don't miss dealing with all of that snow.
I hope you and Ken have a very Happy Valentine's Day today.

Snow said...

Congrats on winning the contest! Happy Valentines Day!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on winning! Pretty view from the overlook. Lots of snow! We were in the low 20s today--heat wave! LOL Warming nicely this week, says the forecast, after rain/snow/sleet Monday morning. The lake looks like a nice place to walk.

Vee said...

Congrats to the winning couple! Ain't love grand? I think you both listen to one another and that's how you have learned so much.

M.K. said...

Your weather sounds very cold -- the wind does make it so much worse. I've been outside in WVa in weather like that, many, many winters. Stay warm! Your couples dinner sounds lovely, and I'm glad y'all won!