Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, February 11, 2016

A closer look

I took this picture Monday morning on my walk before the snow.
☃     ☃     ☃     ☃
Another basement walk for me today.  More snow this morning and the temperature was only 7 with some gusty winds.  Walked  3 miles in the basement while a load of laundry got done.
 This is my winter drying room when I can't hang the clothes outside on the line.
I've walked some laps around the house upstairs too today.  Something different to look at walking around and around.  Upstairs I get to look out of the windows.  : ) 

I have these two needle point pictures I made years ago hanging on the wall in our bedroom and never really see them anymore.  Today walking around I took notice and stopped to look at them.  Maybe I can find a winter one to do too.

This morning for breakfast I made us French toast with the bread I made yesterday.  I won't even make it anymore if I don't have home made bread.  It was delicious.

This morning I baked another Yum Yum cake.  I had half a jar of the mince meat left that I had to use up.

After lunch I went outside to shovel off the driveway.  Just got a few more inches of snow so Ken didn't bother with the snow blower.  Today the cardinal came back with two friends - a male and a female.

I walked around the yard again and got the rest of my walk in that way.  I walked a picture in the front yard. : )  I drew a house and a tree by walking in the snow.  Took a picture but you couldn't really tell what it was.

My bread machine is getting a work out this week.  Today I made pizza dough.  The bread machine is starting to make a strange noise.  Hope it isn't breaking.

Waiting for the dough to get done and then Ken will make the pizza.
I'm almost done with my book and hope to finish it tonight.

That's it for today.
Hope all is well in your world.
A happy day to you.
happyone : )
The heart of a mother is a deep abyss
at the bottom of which you 
will always find forgiveness.
~ Honore de Balzai

12 comments:

Henny Penny said...

That first picture is beautiful! Can you teach me how to be happy all the time? :) I complain too much about things like this cold weather.

Dianna said...

I can just see you out there making a picture while you were walking in the snow. :) If the cold didn't bother my fibro so much I would be right out there with you. :) Your two needlepoint pictures are absolutely beautiful, Karen! You do beautiful work. I hope you can find another one to do to fill in the seasons.

How nice that you have a drying room for drying your clothes during the winter months. What a blessing!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The first picture looks like it should be on a calendar.Yum,finch toast.I love that stuff.

Adam said...

7 degrees? I'm freezing just thinking about that. It will sound better in August when it's nearly 100

The Furry Gnome said...

I can just picture you out there 'walking a picture into the snow'!

Vee said...

Do those pictures you made so long ago remind you of your current corner? They do me!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the beautiful farm scene! It is so cold here our first snow never melted. The french toast sounds yummy. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Happy@Home said...

It's interesting how we can stop seeing things in our houses after awhile. Nice that your indoor walk provided the chance to get re-acquainted with your needlepoint pictures. They are so pretty.

Cat Lover said...

Gorgeous photos Karen. There is so much beauty all around us, isn't there? We hang our laundry up downstairs in the winter too. No dryer here! We had French Toast the other day for lunch. First time in a long time. It was delicious. We still just have a covering of snow with none expected until next week.
Take care and have a good weekend.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - your drying room reminds me of mine, except we don't have basements here in Arizona, so mine is in a back bedroom (by my computer - multi-purpose room ;-) You inspire me to get busy and bake some bread. Going to get out my bread machine now! I love your puzzle. Mine is almost finished. You do puzzles much more quickly than I do. I love the needlepoint! Enjoy your weekend.

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful scene of the farm buildings. Wouldn't it make a great puzzle? How nice to have a place to hang clothes indoors! I like your needle work pieces. How nice to see them again with fresh eyes.

M.K. said...

Love the picture of the farm and the bright red buildings against the snow. It's mighty cold up there!