Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

A day out

Passed this tree on my walk this morning and thought it looked like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree.  I wanted to take it home and decorate it. : )
     ☂     ☂     ☂ 

Once again this morning it was a warm 50 degrees.  Just cloudy with wet roads when I first started out but after 2 miles it started raining.  I had my rain pants on but not my rain slicker so walked back home and got it and continued with my walk.  A bit of a breeze kicked up too.

Walked up and down and all around the streets in town.  Around one of the cemeteries and the ball park loop.  Didn't see anyone else out this morning.

An uneventful but still a nice walk.  One nice thing about this warm weather is that I haven't missed one single morning of walking due to icy or cold weather.
Walked 5.3 miles.
☂     ☂         ☂
Toady we decided to take a ride out to Washington, Pa (about 2 hours drive from home) to check out an antique mall that is located inside a mall.  That may sound like a crazy idea with it being so near to Christmas but surprisingly the mall was not that busy.  It seemed just like a regular shopping day. 
Lots of great stuff to look at in the antique mall but just bought one thing, these cute vintage Mr and Mrs Santa S & P shakers.  Here they sit on my hutch.
We walked around the mall and went in and out a few stores.  At Joanne's  I bought two huge skeins of yarn in different shades of blue.  With the white I already have I'm going to knit the last ripple scarf!!  This last one is for Krista who has been waiting patiently for hers. 

Had a nice lunch out and stopped in at another antique store on the way home near Morgantown, WV.  
 On the way there we were amused by this sign and stopped to take a picture. 
It was warm in 65 degrees this afternoon!!! That's about 35 degrees warmer than normal.
No Wednesday night service at church tonight because it was changed to tomorrow for Christmas eve.

Maybe this evening I'll start the last scarf, and I already hear that bowl of ice cream calling me. : )

Hope your day has been a happy one.
happyone : )
Let Every Day Be Christmas
by Norman Wesley Brooks

Christmas is forever, not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving are not to be put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself.

Peace on Earth, good will to men,
kind thoughts and words of cheer,
are things we should use often 
and not just once a year.

Remember too the Christ-child, grew up to be a man;
to hide him in a cradle, is not our dear Lord's plan.
So keep the Christmas spirit, share it with others far and near,
from week to week and month to month, throughout the entire year.

12 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Did your trip become more fun after passing that sign? Can't say I've ever seen that one.
Love the little Charlie Brown tree and your new S & P shakers. Sounds like a fun day.
Merry Christmas to you and Ken.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like that unusual sight. It must have another meaning,I would think.

George said...

That tree you pictured is a perfect Charlie Brown Christmas tree. I bet you could have really decorated it very nicely. Was there a highway sign saying that you were entering a boring area. I've never seen anything like that.

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.

Vee said...

John and I chuckled over the sign. I hope that you take one little bulb and hang it on the Charlie Brown tree. = D Your vintage salt and pepper shakers are very cute. It's good to take a drive every now and then just to see what one can see. Merry Christmas, Karen and Ken!

The Furry Gnome said...

Have a very Marry Christmas Karen, and thanks so much for your regular comments on my blog. It has meant so much this year.

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, the tree is cute. That road sign is funny. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I wish you all the best in 2016, Happy New Year!

Adam said...

oh wow it does look like the tree

Kerin said...

Have yourself a Merry little Christmas :)

~K.

o2bhiking said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Love the sign!

Melanie said...

Have a blessed Merry Christmas!

Cat Lover said...

The weather continues to be very warm here too.
I love looking at antique malls. Lucky you!
I hope you and Ken have a wonderful Christmas.

CountryMum said...

Merry Christmas!!