Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Day Twenty-Eight of Thanks

Giving Thanks Post Day Twenty-Eight
My Clothesline

I am very thankful for my clothesline.
The smell of line dried clothes is one of my favorite scents,
especially the sheets!
I enjoy the act of hanging the clothes on the line.
I like seeing them hanging there all in order,
blowing in the breeze.
I have lived in places where clothesline were not allowed,
but that never seemed to stop me!
We fought it and won!! : )
I am thankful that where we live now there is no such silly rule.
There are a lot of people who hang their clothes out around here.
My current clothesline.
Another one of my clotheslines at another place I've lived.
I even had a clothesline when we lived in a townhouse without a yard.
Here it is up on the deck.  There was rope through blocks of wood
with hooks which hung over the top on the sides of the deck.
The lines were easy to put up and take down as needed.
I am also thankful for all the money I've saved over the years
NOT having a dryer.

A happy day to you my friends.
Make it a good one.
happyone : )

10 comments:

Melanie said...

I love the smell of sheets when they've hung outside! A lot of places don't allow clothes lines any more and I think it's such a shame. Have a blessed day.

Cat Lover said...

I agree with you very much Karen! I love to hang out clothes too. We gave up our dryer 20 years ago. As long as it is sunny and above freezing I will hang out!
Have a good weekend.

eileeninmd said...

Wow, now I wish I had a clothes line. Have a great day and weekend!

Adam said...

Never knew there was such a rule, but I've also never seen anyone personally use one in many many years.

Nellie said...

I remember that fresh aroma of clothes dried outside. For several years, I used a clothesline and didn't have a dryer. That changed when the girls were born, though. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving Day!

Pom Pom said...

Hello dear K! I love clotheslines, too! I especially like your resourceful town home clothes line!

The Furry Gnome said...

Now there's a positive attitude to hanging out the laundry!

Anonymous said...

Some days I wish I still had a clothesline. It's not a good mix with a backyard of bird feeders!

o2bhiking said...

It is a silly rule, but I am amazed you don't have a dryer for cold and wet days.

Vee said...

I love my dryer, but would also enjoy having a clothesline, if only the clothes would smell like fresh air...