Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, September 04, 2015

Foggy Morning

Jeweled Web
✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
62 degrees this morning and foggy all over the place not just in places.  Walked all around town this morning with a stop at the post office to mail off another Netflix.

Stopped to talk to a friend Chris, who has just moved back to town.  Him and his wife were living in Germany for the last 10 months or so.

I saw a couple of rabbits, 3 deer and smelled a skunk.

The little red house as definitely been sold because I saw a car parked in the driveway and the garbage was put out today.  Also the big white house on the main road I think has been sold too.  Sign gone and flowers on the porch.

A few pictures I took along my walk.



 I walked 5.5 miles.
✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
Ken went to the sale and breakfast with Edd, but didn't stay long as there was nothing that hit him worth staying for so he was home again by 10:00.  We then drove down to Cumberland and went to an estate auction there.  Again there was nothing that we were interested in.  We stayed for a while to watch and then after about an hour we headed back home.

I had hung another load of wash out on the line this morning and driving home we went through 3 different rain storms and I thought no way would my clothes be dry this time.  But I was wrong.  We made it home in the nick of time.  Pulling up the driveway a few drops starting to fall .  I ran to the back yard and got all the laundry off the line and all was dry.  : )

Spent a little time this afternoon reading a really good book and I got all those flannel characters cut out!! 

Supper tonight will be leftovers from the last two days.  

Hope your day was a happy one and you smiled often.
happyone : )
You've got a lot of choices.
If getting out of bed in the morning is a chore
and you're not smiling on a regular basis,
try another choice.
~ Steven D Woodhull

Comment Replies:
Kim - Yes, Farmer Bill does sell his pumpkins and gourds.  Also his beans, of which he has several varieties, you can go and pick right off the plants.  He also sells some of his produce to some local restaurants.

8 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh,I love those foggy photos. I don't like driving in fog,but it sure does create beautiful scenes.

CountryMum said...

One of the joys of a foggy morning for me is photographing the bejewelled webs. You have capture the cobweb so beautifully.

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, I love your foggy images! The last shot of the yellow blooms is pretty. It is great that the housing market has picked up again, houses are selling around here too. Have a happy day and weekend ahead.

Pom Pom said...

Yay for getting everything off of the clothesline in the nick of time!

Vee said...

You are doing well getting the clothes line-dried Quite amazing really. Something quite lovely about fog...

o2bhiking said...

You are lucky with your laundry!

The spider web photo is fabulous. It does look like jewels. Nature is amazing.

Ida said...

Wow on that spiderweb shot, I loved it.

M.K. said...

That's good news that you have houses selling in your town. I think the market is improving a bit around here too. So many houses need to sell. You will have new neighbors!