Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself;
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
~Groucho Marx

Translate

Follow by Email

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Life's Weaving

Life's Weaving

My life is but a weaving
Between my God and me.
I may not choose the colors,
He knows what they should be.

For He can view the pattern
Upon the upper side.
While I can see it only
On this, the under side.

Sometimes He weaveth sorrow,
Which seemeth strange to me;
But I will trust His judgement,
And work on faithfully;

Tis He who fills the shuttle
He knows just what is best;
So I shall weave in earnest
And leave with Him the rest.

At last when life is ended,
With Him I shall abide,
Then I may view the pattern
Upon the upper side.

Then I shall know the reason 
Why pain with joy entwined,
Was woven in the fabric 
Of life that God designed.
~Unknown

A blessed Sunday to you.
happyone : )

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely poem and a beautiful message of truth! Thank you and Happy Sabbath to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely verse and post! Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. It's so true, too. Thank you for sharing. I hope you have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, thank you for posting this poem. I've heard it several times, but have never written it down. Now I can put it in my "quote journal".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got caught up again...I think! This poem reminds me of a Corrie ten Boom quote, which I can't remember. =\ Similar, though, very similar.

    Good heavens! Happy Trails looks finished since last I was here...looking like a regular home away from home.

    Loved seeing all your flowers and the veg. I lost the cucumber recipe so was very happy to find it on August 1. Wish you'd insert a photo of it so I could pin it. I know that I snagged it somehow...perhaps in an email (now lost) or in a note in the cloud. I want to try it because it has the oregano, which would be a fresh flavor for late summer. I have been getting "burpless" cukes at the farm stand for 20¢ each so we are eating a lot of them. Those cabbages looked great! (My zucchini plants croaked. Who has zucchinis croak?)

    What a great idea for a shower gift! My favorite verse is John 14:2, but it may not be my "life" verse.

    I see that autumn is at the door. Don't let her in! =D

    ReplyDelete

Hello my friend.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm hoping you will leave a comment.
Thanks. : )