Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Swallowtail

Male eastern tiger swallowtail butterfly poses on my cone flowers for a picture.  
Didn't notice the bee until I looked at the picture.
✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
I couldn't get to sleep last night lay in bed awake until 1:00 then I got up and finished the book I was reading at 2:30.  Then when I went back to bed I fell asleep right away.  Woke up at 7:00 and went walking.  It was 68 degrees and cloudy.  Dropped off the book in the book drop at the library and then mailed a card at the post office and walked around the one of the cemeteries.  By that time it was pouring down rain and I just didn't feel like walking in it and was back home after only walking 2. 3 miles.

Today has been one of those days when everything is just a bit off with me, maybe because I didn't get enough sleep but I just didn't feel like happyone for most of the day.

I got an iPad for my birthday back in May and this morning I got so frustrated trying to figure how to use the thing that I wanted to smash it.  I don't know why this is so hard - children can do this.  I did manage to do a few things eventually.  I think I will learn it in small doses.  Maybe it won't be so frustrating that way.

Today we had periods of rain and sun and didn't get any work done up at HT.  Ken went up there once during a dry period but once he got up there it rained.  He came home and the sun came out.  So we went out and did a few errands.  I finally got a new hummingbird feeder and put that up.  No birds yet but hopefully some will come.

In the afternoon I sat down in the chair and fell fast asleep and woke up an hour and a half later.  I'm not a napping type person so this was unusual for me. 

I'm feeling back to my old self this evening and look forward to a great day tomorrow.  : )

The sunflowers in front of the dining room windows have really grown tall.  Seems like we can see them growing.  No flower yet though.
I hope your day  has been a happy one.
happyone : )
Butterflies are self propelled flowers.
~ R H Heinlein

15 comments:

Terra said...

Hi HappyOne, I am glad you got your happy back. A good night's sleep is essential for us, and that nap you took may have done the trick of giving you much needed rest.

Happy@Home said...

That first photo is a beauty. When I walked out my front door this morning a swallowtail was flying in for a landing on my impatiens. I ran for the camera but wasn't thrilled by any of my photos.
I dislike those off kilter days and am sorry to hear that you had one today. I would tend to think it had to do with your sleep interruption. I applaud you for getting up to read. I tend to just lay there tossing and turning.
Hope tomorrow finds you Happy once again.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful photo of the butterfly.

Anonymous said...

The butterfly in the flower looks very beautiful. I have not experienced like this type pf situation without getting sleep. I used to get sleep often. I love to sleep and take rest. Sunflowers too looks beautiful...

doodles n daydreams said...

Oh, I had a day like that yesterday and i had been up through the night reading as well. Lovely photos especially the self propelled flower at the top.

Diana

eileeninmd said...

I love the coneflowers and the Swallowtail. Very pretty images. Sounds like needed to make up for some lost sleep. Have a happy day!

Inger said...

We all have those days, don't we? Thank you for keeping me on your prayer list. I have not done well lately, but I know that will change in time. Also thank you for posting Psalm 143:8. Just what I needed to read this morning.

Cat Lover said...

Great photos as always.
I hate those days when you don't feel quite with it. I have them occasionally.
So sorry about your troubles with your iPad. Chuck got me one for Christmas and I love it. Give it time. I use a Mac for my desktop computer so I am accustomed to Apple products. Hope you are feeling happy today!

Anonymous said...

Everyone has an "off-day" occasionally. Hope you're back "on" today. Great shot of the butterfly and bee. MJ

Dianna said...

Your picture of the swallowtail butterfly on the cone flower is absolutely stunning, Karen. I'm sorry you had an off day yesterday (I'm writing this on Wednesday). I'm glad to hear you were feeling better by evening though.

Billy said...

Hello there! I have found "how-to" videos on You Tube to be most helpful! You should try it!

Anonymous said...

I like the butterfly quote. It sounded like you just needed the rest of your sleep to get back on track. Did you download the user guide for the iPad? I put it in iBooks to access when I need to figure something out. If I can be of any help, let me know.

o2bhiking said...

The butterfly is beautiful, and it is nice that you provided habitat for him. Hope you are caught up on your sleep now. I hate that, and it makes for a very long day at work when that happens to me.

Vee said...

My iPad still thanks me for not pitching it out a window in its head. I remember doing a lot of g00gling trying to find answers. I needed a book for dummies. You'll figure it out. Glad that you got back to your happy self!

M.K. said...

Sleep is so very important, and it restores us and keeps us on an even keel. I know what you mean about having a day that feels "off" and in which you particularly feel "off." I have those sometimes. Usually I just want to stay home on the couch, or go back to bed, or read a good book and escape there. Glad those days don't come too often though.