Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, April 17, 2015

Bowling

☁     ☂     ☁     ☂     ☁

50 degrees this morning when I left on my walk.  It looked wet out but no rain coming down.  That didn't last long however.  I had periods of drizzle as I walked along.  Got a bit damp because didn't have my rain gear on.  But still nice to be out walking.

I walked all around town up and down all the streets and the cemeteries. 

No one else out walking and didn't see any animals out either.  Just the usual birds.    Not much activity around on this early Friday morning.

I walked 5.2 miles.
☁     ☂     ☁     ☂     ☁
We met up with the seniors from church at 10:00 this morning at the Rainbow Bowling Lanes in Keyser, West Virginia which is an hours drive from our home.  There were 10 of us.  Had a fun time though I didn't bowl very well.  I was hoping to at least break 100 but didn't even do that.  First game 99, second game 99, third game 88.  We all said we'd like to go again sometime.  : )  Planned on taking a few pictures but didn't take a one.  

After bowling we went down the road and had lunch at an Italian restaurant.  We had the lunch size portions and they were still huge and we all took leftovers home.  I had the baked manicotti stuffed with cheese and spinach.  It was around 2:30 when we got back home.  Planned on doing a little more work on the garden but it was raining when we got back home.  We left in the rain but in Keyser it was a beautiful sunny day and half way home the rain started again.

I read some more of my book this afternoon,  Outlander, and I'm liking it.  : )
Saw a little sunshine around home here too, but it was late in the day around 5:00. 

My mom seems to be doing as well as can be expected.  Still at rehab and improving very slowly.  We plan on making a trip up to see her again in May.  : )

Hope all is well in your part of the world. 
happyone : )
It doesn't matter if a million 
people tell you what you can't do,
or if a million people tell you no.
If you get one yes from God that's all you need.
~ Tyler Perry

7 comments:

Dianna said...

I'm glad you had a good time bowling and having lunch, my friend. It is something we enjoy doing with our grandchildren.

eileeninmd said...

Sounds like a busy day, with your walk and the bowling.. And a yummy lunch. I love Italian food.. Have a happy weekend!

Sue said...

I haven't bowled in years, sounds like you all had a great time.Our weather is quite mild, with showers and sun mixed! Enjoy your weekend,
Sue

Happy@Home said...

It sounds like another nice day. I like how your days always seem to have a good balance of work and pleasure.
Thanks for the update on your mom.

Vee said...

Funny how those rain clouds hover over one spot. Right now it's sunny on the west side of the house and pouring on the east side. Bizarre!

Your scores sound most impressive for a gal who hasn't bowled in a long time!

Glad that your mom is making progress. Will pray that it picks up speed going forward.

Anonymous said...

Really like this quote! Mary Jo

Jeanne said...

I read Outlander and it will not disappoint. I think there is a TV series now but I have not watched it.
The sequel books are very good as well.