Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, March 30, 2015

Update

Just a quick update on my Mom.
The last few days have begun to run together.  We traveled up here to Albany Saturday and it took us 10 hours. 

My mother's heart was not good enough for them to operate on her hip so they first had to do a temporary fix on her heart. They finally did that procedure late this afternoon (Mon).  They couldn't do anything on Sat or Sun because it was the weekend.  She came through the heart procedure very well and now she will be able to have the operation to fix her hip.  We are hoping that they will be able to do that tomorrow!!!  She has been in pain with her hip for 4 days now.  It is harder for her too because of the Alzheimer's and at times she is confused to why she is even in the hospital.

I want to thank you all so much for all the kind words and prayers.  It means so much to me and my family. 

Will post again when I can.
happyone : )




17 comments:

Dianna said...

Karen, thank you so much for this update on your mom. You all have certainly been in my prayers. I know these are hard times. I am so grateful that she took the surgery well for the temporary fix on her heart so she can now stand the surgery for her hip. May God give you peace and grace at this time in this journey.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is hard to watch a parent suffer,but we are assured that she is in God's care.

Nellie said...

I continue to keep your mother in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

God is so great! Glad to hear your mom did well with the intermediate heart surgery. So sorry that she has had to be in pain all this time. Prayers that hip surgery will ensue on Tuesday.

Lindy

Anonymous said...

Love you. Praying for you. Thankful for good result on the procedure on her heart. MJ

eileeninmd said...

Thanks for the update. I will keep you and your Mom in my prayers..HUGS!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Keeping your mother in prayer and on our temple prayer roll as well. Hugs from AZ. :-)

Ruta M. said...

I'm keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Happy@Home said...

Thank you for the update, Karen. Prayers will continue.

The Furry Gnome said...

Glad to hear step one went well. Hope the hip surgery does too. Thinking of you.

Karen said...

I haven't commented every day but please know that I read your posts each day and have been praying for all of you throughout.

George said...

I'm glad to hear that your Mom's first procedure went well, and I hope they can do something about her hip and pain today. She (and you) have been through so much.

Kerin said...

Thoughts and prayers for you all.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery from the heart procedure.

~K.

Billy said...

(((HUGS))) Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way!

John's Island said...

Wishing you strength and patience and praying for you and your mom.

Vee said...

So much going on with one little confused lady...God bless you as you help to support both your mom and your step-dad. Praying for comforts and healing.

o2bhiking said...

Keeping those prayers coming. Glad the heart surgery could take place. Adding dementia to the mix is not kind at all, is it?