Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Enjoying the day

Japhy, David, and Scout
Grandson, Son, and Granddaughter 
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
A warm 55 degrees, cloudy and very windy this morning on my walk.
I avoided the Farm Loop because of the wind.  Out on the open road up there I would have gotten blown away. : )  So I stayed walking around town which included the two cemeteries and the loop behind the ball park.

I saw Lisa out running.  Haven't seen her for or so month and we stopped for a little chat.  She lives up one of the hills behind my house.

This is the little stream in the woods behind the ball park.

Walking up to one of the cemeteries I heard some Killdeers but it was too dark to see them.  Later on I walked there again when it was light and confirmed it when I saw three of them.

I'm seeing lots of Robins around too now.

I walked 6.2 miles.
☁     ☁     ☁     ☁
The temperature was 52 degrees when I got home and dropped throughout the day and right now it is 36 as I type this and I'm sure will be going lower during the night.

David and the kids were still asleep when I got back from my walk but when they got up I made them French Toast for breakfast.  Scout had asked for that on home made bread.

After breakfast we went Geocaching.  If your unfamiliar with what that is you can learn about it HERE.  There was one up at the Drane House so we took off for a walk there.  We found it under the flag pole.  David is holding the box that we found in the picture. Taryn took the bracelet that was there in the box, we recorded we were there and then put it back.  You are supposed to leave something if you take something but we didn't have anything to leave so tomorrow on my walk I'll put something back in it. 

It was near lunchtime when we got back home and David and the kids took off for the afternoon.  Ken went up to Happy Trails and I did some stuff around the house.

They came back supper time.  I made pizza dough and Ken made us two pizzas that we had for supper.

Soon it will be time for ice cream once again.  Both David and Jahpy have the same favorite flavor as me which most of you know is chocolate chip mint.  A perfect flavor for Saint Patrick's Day - green : )

It's been a fun day. : )
Hope your day has been a good one and you smiled often. 
happyone : )
For each petal on the shamrock
This brings a wish your way -
Good health, good luck, and happiness
for today and every day.
~ Unknown

12 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Spending time with family is always fun.I'm glad you got to make more memories with them.

The Furry Gnome said...

Geocaching eh? I've done a bit of that up here. Very windy here, and down below -10C tonight.

Billy said...

I LOVE geocaching and we got a lot as well. You can always go back and leave a few cool looking buttons! Yay! I like that you went and did that. We have something super cool in common.

Nellie said...

I am really behind in reading blogs! I've missed some of your news, and I'm happy to see that your son and grandchildren are visiting! That is sure to be fun for everyone. Also, I've just learned that your mother will have surgery Thursday! My thoughts and prayers are with her and all of you!

Dianna said...

It sounds as if you are having a lovely time with your son and grandchildren. I'm so happy for you. Both of our kids and their families live out of the area, so when they are able to come it is such a treat for us. Our son (who homeschools our two granddaughters) and the girls are coming the middle of May for a few days. They live in Maine. Our daughter-in-law teaches in the public schools there and won't be able to come. We are hoping to see her early summer. ;) Have a great remainder of time with your family, my friend.

John's Island said...

Sounds like a fun day with the family. Thanks, as always, for sharing.

Kerri Farley said...

Sounds like you're have a nice time with your grandkids!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Sounds like you are having a great visit with your son and the grandchildren. After several gorgeous and warm days here, we had a COLD day today... It wasn't 'that' cold --but felt like it after those warm temperatures. (Guess I'm getting OLDER since I seem to stay cold a lot... ha ha )

Your ice cream sounds perfect for St. Patrick's Day!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Happy@Home said...

It's been awhile since we've seen your kids & grandkids. They are looking great and I know you are enjoying your time together.
The first time I heard of geocaching was on a blog many years ago. Sounds like fun to me.
Enjoy that ice cream.

Vee said...

You found it! That's fantastic...we have never been able to find a thing! Duh...

Anonymous said...

Choi co tuong online trên web GameBai.Net để thử sức với nhiều cao thủ. Giao lưu học hỏi với nhiều bạn bè yêu thích choi phom online nhé.

o2bhiking said...

I've never tried geocaching but hope to some day. Looks fun (and addictive).