Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, January 05, 2015

Baby Sweater Progress

☺     ☺     ☺     ☺
I walked out the door at 7:10 this morning and it was 23 degrees, some snow flurries around and VERY windy.  Flurries stopped and it was cloudy with some sun and later on after I was home there was more sun than clouds.

I planned on just walking 4 miles because of the wind but when I looked at my pedometer I had already walked 5 and by the time I got home I had walked 5.8 miles.



The wind blew the flurries around this little branch and made an arrow.
 I took the picture this morning
but the sign was from Saturday when we had the coating of ice on everything.
Stayed in town so I could change direction often and tried to keep the wind behind me.
I saw one other person out walking a dog. All sane people were inside where it was warm. : )

Just before lunch I walked another mile down in the basement.  Total walk 6.8 miles.
☺     ☺     ☺     ☺
I finished knitting the baby sweater and hopefully it will be completely finished later tonight or tomorrow.  I have to do the neck and then sew it together which for me is the hardest part.  Here it is in pieces.
I did some reading this afternoon too on the first book of 2015. 

The temperature has been dropping and now it is 16.  Wonder how cold it will be for tomorrows walk.

Hope your day has been a happy one and you smiled often.
happyone : )
If the knitter is weary
the baby will have no new bonnet.
~Irish Proverb
Comment replies:
Dot -Wow, 90 times, your sister must really know her Bible, but I'm sure she still learns more each time she reads.  I've been reading the Bible through each year for about the last 20 years. 

8 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

That little sweater is going to be adorable.

Happy@Home said...

I agree with Ruth, the sweater is going to be adorable and the little booties are precious too.
Once again I am reminded of what a trooper you are when it comes to walking.

Nellie said...

You have had a very productive day! The sweater is precious! You are ahead of me on the 2015 book reading. I'm lagging behind, for some odd reason.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty pattern on the sweater! Those are some frosty-looking landscape photos - nice scenery. :)

Lindy

eileeninmd said...

The sweater looks pretty! It was very windy yesterday, you are brave to be out walking in this cold weather.. I have been walking on my treadmill. The photos are pretty, I like the dusting of snow.. Have a great day!

Kerri Farley said...

What a Beautiful Sweater!!!! It is supposed to be bitterly cold here today and tomorrow. Stay warm on your walk :)

Kerin said...

Such a cute sweater, and I love the soft yellow color :)
Brr... that sounds like a cold walk, but I'm so glad you went anyway... as I know you love your walks.

Have a happy day.

~Kerin

Dianna said...

Love the baby sweater...such a sweet shade of yellow! And those little yellow booties are ADORABLE! Some little one is going to be nice and cozy.