Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, January 30, 2015

A little more snow and out for dinner

Another picture from the other day when we were up at Happy Trails.
☃     ☃     ☃     ☃
The rain snow mix turned to snow overnight and it was still snowing this morning.   Fearful that ice was under the snow I started the day walking 3 miles in the basement.


It snowed on and off all day.  Mid morning I bundled up and went outside to shovel the driveway once again.  I thought it would be good exercise and then I wouldn't have to do any more walking in the basement.  I ended up walking 3 more miles just going back and forth getting the snow off the driveway.  I have one of those push shovels for the snow and it works great for me.   Ken called me in for lunch and after lunch I went back outside and finished up.

We drove down to La Vale and had dinner out at Henny's Grill to celebrate our anniversary which is today. : )  43 years of happiness -  well, 40 years of it has been happy. : ) We had steaks and they were just okay but we enjoyed our evening out.  We should have gone to Morgantown to the Outback. 

I was all set to watch Harvey last night - the old movie with Jimmy Stewart, made I think in 1950.  I had picked the wrong one and got the remake of the movie with Harry Anderson in it made in 1999.  We watched it anyway and though Harry Anderson did a pretty good job he just wasn't Jimmy Stewart.  I went on Netflix after it was over and ordered the correct one this time.

I've started knitting a pair of pink and purple slippers for a friend.  Also started knitting a baby blanket.  This is a simple one with just straight knitting squares in 5 different colors and then sewing them together.  Now I have 4 projects started at the same time and can switch off.
  1. Bright Orange scarf for myself for walking
  2. Slippers
  3. Weave-it baby blanket
  4. Knitted squares baby blanket
Tonight I will be knitting on the slippers.  My ice cream flavor tonight will be Whoopie Pie. 

Hope your day was sunny and bright and you were happy and content.
happyone : )
Our wedding was many years ago.
The celebration continues to this day.
~ Gene Perret

A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love,
trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity.
The order varies for any given year.
~ Paul Sweeney

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary to you and Ken, and wishing you many more! :-)
Lovely snowy photos.

Lindy

Karen said...

Happy Anniversary! 43 years is something to celebrate. Hope you have a great weekend - but somehow I know you will!

Anonymous said...

One more 'marriage' quote for you -
"Being in a long marriage is a little bit like that nice cup of coffee every morning. I might have it every day, but I still enjoy it." ~ Stephan Gaines

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sweeney's quote. Your home is so pretty. Love that 1st pic from Happy Trails. Sorry the steaks weren't delicious, but your attitudes toward the evening made it a success! Mary Jo

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Happy 43rd anniversary!! I hope it's a great one :) I can't wait until Beate and I have our 43rd anniversary someday! :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Happy Anniversary.Wishing you many more years of love and laughter together.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a lovely day!

doodles n daydreams said...

Happy anniversary and wishing you many more. Reading your post was like reading about ourselves last night. 30th Jan is also our wedding anniversary, 44 years for us. We went out for dinner last night and had fettucine, which was okay, but it was nice to have an evening out which is the main thing.

Diana

eileeninmd said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! I wish you many more happy years. I love the snowy scenes.. Have a happy weekend!

bettyC said...

Happy Anniversary. Bruce and I were married for 55 years. Whenever I told how many years we were married, I always added...happily married for (a number less than the actual years), because there was an hour or day here and there, that weren't so happy. That's true of everyone's life. January 24th it would have been 56. 💕💔💕

Marianna said...

Happy anniversary!! Wishing many more for you!

Nellie said...

Belated happy anniversary wishes! That's a great way to work on your miles by pushing the snow on the driveway! I've never heard of Whoopie Pie ice cream!

John's Island said...

The quote by Paul Sweeney is great and your first photo is excellent! Hope you have a nice weekend. Thanks for all your kind comments on my blog.

Sue said...

Wishing you a most blessed and Happy Anniversary, I could hardly believe you have been married 43 years, as you look to be 43! I am thinking walking must keep one young, I so admire you for exercising. I am so sporadic in m exercising regime. We don't get much snow here in the south, and are never prepared when we do. `smile~
I haven't been blogging lately life situations have kept me busy, it is so nice to visit you again.
Enjoy your weekend.
Blessings, Sue

o2bhiking said...

40 out of 43 is pretty good, I'd say. Wishing you many more on the happy side of the ledger.
You are amazingly disciplined to do all of the walking in the basement. Well done!