Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Parmesan Crips

☃     ☃     ☃     ☃
Woke up at 7:30 again and this time I didn't have time to walk in the morning.  I had a hair appointment at 9:00.  While there I met the former librarian from the town library and also learned that Farmer Georg had a heart attack.  He is expected to be okay though but a prayer for him would be appreciated.  Thanks.

I asked Sherry about the Drane House Cookie sale.  She told me they sold out of cookies by noon and made over $900.   I'm happy that I contributed to it.  Both the baking and the buying and eating of the cookies. : )
 ☃     ☃     ☃     ☃
Went for my walk after lunch.  It was 26 degrees, cloudy with some snow flurries and windy.

I took along a few little loaves of pumpkin bread with a Christmas card and dropped them off at the dentist, the library and the hair salon.  Continued on to the post office to drop off some mail and then walked around town.

Also walked down the main road and turned around when I got to the turn off to HT.

The snow was very fine and the wind would just blow it right across the road.  No one else out around down except for a few people at the post office.  I seemed like early morning.

Cut my walked just a tad short at 5.5 miles.
☃     ☃     ☃     ☃
We are having an open house here at home on New Year's Day for our church friends and we've been trying out some recipes for the appetizers that we will be serving.  This afternoon we tried one that my blogger friend Lindy suggested.  It sounded too easy and I couldn't imagine it working but it all worked out and they taste really good.  It went on the list to have at our open house.  : )

Parmesan Crisps
Grate 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese - use a block of cheese, not the kind in the green can.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Pour heaping tablespoons of Parmesan cheese onto a silicone or parchment lined baking sheet and lightly pat down.  A silicone baking sheet is highly recommended.  (I tried both and preferred the parchment paper)

Space about 1/2 inch apart.

Bake for 3 - 5 minutes or until golden and crisp.  Cool.
I baked them for 7 minutes.

This month the Super Seniors are meeting this evening at a restaurant and having a Christmas ornament exchange.  It's fun to do something different each month and I'm looking forward this tonight.

Hope your day is filled with happiness and contentment.
happyone : )
Keep your Christmas-heart open all the year round.
~ Jessica Archmint

12 comments:

George said...

The Parmesan Cheese Chips sound delicious. We will add Farmer George to our prayer list and we hope he has a complete recovery. Your first photo is beautiful.

Jeanne said...

The first photo is really pretty. I see you got a bit of snow. Nice.

Inger said...

That recipe looks like something even I could bake! Good for you to not neglect your walk. I walked the dogs for 55 minutes here this morning, but it's slow as it is only uphill and down. Only walking to the mailboxes do I get to walk on even ground.

Anonymous said...

You do keep your Christmas-heart open all year around. Great job on the baking. I know all the townspeople are enjoying the goodies. So sorry about Farmer George. Sending up a prayer. Mary Jo

Nellie said...

Those Parmesan Crisps sound like a winner! We had been told there might be a chance of some wintery precip this morning, but it didn't develop. Thinking of Farmer George. There is never a good time for a heart attack, though this is a disappointing thing to happen during this season.

Grandma C said...

Crisps sound yummy and baking something is another way to warm the house :)

eileeninmd said...

The Parmesan Chips look and sound yummy.. I am glad the cookie sale went well. Sending my prayers for your friend Farmer George. The ornament swap sounds like fun.. have a happy weekend!

o2bhiking said...

Hi there! I hope George will recover soon and fully. Your New Years Eve get-together sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Art

Anonymous said...

Good Morning ~ Thought about you this morning and decided to drop by and see how you were doing. Centennial Park misses you...pretty much status quo here. Hope to bump into you if you're back in this area again. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Barb

Dianna said...

Praying for Farmer George. Yay for the great cookie sale! :) You are a trooper when it comes to walking...good for you! Hope you had a lovely evening last evening.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, Thanks for that recipe ... it does sound too easy! :-) I will give it a try this weekend! You are such a kind person to carry gifts around to the spots in town. Thanks for sharing your blog and have a great weekend. John

Anonymous said...

Hi Happyone!

We are traveling, which is why I haven't been around to comment the last few days. You will be happy to know that we walked a mile (round trip) from our hotel to restaurant for our dinner tonight. :)

Very pretty picture of the pond at the top of your post. Sorry to hear about Farmer Georg, and will add him to my prayer list. That is a wonderful sum of money the Drane House made with their bake sale! All those mini pumpkin loaves will be enjoyed, I'm sure.

Glad to hear you were happy with the Parmesan crisps. :D I think the parchment works quite nicely. I do not have a silicone baking mat, so have no experience with that for comparison. You can make the crisps a day or two ahead and store them in a container.

Lindy