Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 05, 2014

More rain

✼     ✼     ✼     ✼

We were hoping for some snow but instead we got more cold misty rain.  It was 32 degrees this morning and an on and off drizzly rain during my walk.  Most everything was just wet but there were some icy places here and there.

Walked up and down the main road in town and then headed up to Barn Sale Road.  I don't usually see any cars along there but today 4 of them passed me and all of the people waved at me. : )

Some cows stopped eating to watch me pass by.  I always stop and talk to them and they seem interested in what I have to say. : )

I walked just about to the end of Barn Sale and turned around again when the house where the dogs live came into view.  I was going to just walk up to where the steep hill starts but then just kept walking up because it is nice to walk back down the hill.  I'm on the way back down here when I took this picture.
Once back to town I walked up and down the roads there and made a few loops around the ball park loop and then home.

As I was getting home I saw Sherry getting to work at her hair salon so I picked up the Welsh cookies from the house and brought them over to her.

I found my first two coins of the month today - 2 dimes.
Walked 6.3 miles.
✼     ✼     ✼     ✼
I did a little more baking today and made some chocolate chip cookies this time.  I like to bake during these rainy days.

Finished up the rest of the Christmas cards to the prisoners this afternoon.  Now I just have to buy and write out my own Christmas cards.  I have already received my first two cards in the mail. 

Finished up the Agatha Christie book last night and started another one today.  This one is An Appointment With Death and it's also a Hercule Poirot mystery.

Tonight we are going to watch The Bishop's Wife which came in the mail from Netflix today.  It is one of my favorite Christmas movies.  Last year was the first time I saw it.  It was recommended by a blogger friend Auntie, who I'm sorry to say hasn't blogged for a very long time and I miss her.

Looking forward to supper later.  I'm making lasagna.  : )

It's been raining all day and is supposed to rain through tomorrow.  Sure would like to have day of sunshine.  Don't care how cold, I'd just like to see the sun!!

Hope your Friday is sunny and bright.
happyone : )
Everyone thinks of changing the world,
but no one thinks of changing himself.
~ Leo Tolstoy

11 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

The rain makes these pictures extra special.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I miss Auntie's comments too. Baking is good use of your time on a rainy day. In fact I think I'll put some brownies in the oven. Mary Jo

eileeninmd said...

I am glad we had rain and not snow.. You have reminded me I want to make some choc chip cookies.. YUMMY! I will have to look for that movie.. have a great evening and enjoy your weekend!

Dianna said...

Hello Happy One!

I am so happy you found me! When I found your note at my blog I had to come and visit with you for a bit.

I viewed your profile and found that we live in neighboring counties! We live in Preston County, WV. :)

I really enjoyed looking around. Your enthusiasm for life is so evident...always makes me happy when I meet happy Christians.

You are going on my blog list so I don't miss your posts. Oh...and I am curious about your Welsh cookies because my grandfather's people came from Wales.

Nellie said...

We seem to have had enough rain during this week, but there is more on the way by morning. The prediction is for some heavy rain during the day Saturday. Great job on those cards for the prisoners. That's such a good ministry! I love The Bishop's Wife! Enjoy!

Terra said...

I like The Bishop's Wife movie too, quite charming. When I see a coin on the ground I think to myself "In God we trust", each coin is a reminder of that. How good that you write to prisoners, I am sure it brings a moment of happiness to them.

Happy@Home said...

Sounds like we are having the same weather as you. It rained most of yesterday and looks like more of the same today. I agree, baking is a good pastime on days like this. I baked a loaf of bread yesterday and a pot of soup using the turkey bones from Thanksgiving.
Have a nice weekend.
Your quote made me laugh. I think it's pretty accurate.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, Your thought for the day by Tolstoy is excellent ... I don't think I've seen it before but isn't it the truth! Enjoyed your photos along the walk, as always. Your kindness to write cards to prisoners is impressive. I hope you have a fine weekend. John

George said...

We could use some sunshine down here as well. We've had a week of rain (which we needed) and it's been unusually mild. It sounds as if you like Hercule Poirot as much as I do.

Anonymous said...

Great quote by Tolstoy!
I love your misty photos. Sounds odd, I'm sure, but I like these kinds of days.

Lindy

Ida said...

That's what our week is shaping up to be this week, drizzly but not that cold.
Reading and Baking are great things to do on a rainy day.