Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Sweater Progress

I'm thankful for the every day conveniences that we take for granted like
Indoor plumbing
Hot and cold running water
Electricity
Going to the store and buying what we need, just to name a few.
 ✼     ✼     ✼     ✼
✼     ✼     ✼     ✼

This morning it was quite a bit warmer when I walked with a temperature of 31 degrees, but it was very windy and the gusts that came along were quite strong.  I got up a bit late so didn't leave until 7:00.  

As I walked passed the library I realized I forgot the books that I wanted to drop off so I walked a loop around town including the cemeteries and ball park loop and then went home to get the books.  The loop was a tad over 3 miles so after I picked up the books, I walked the loop for the second time dropping the books in book drop on the way past the library.

Another morning when I didn't see anyone else out and no wild life either. 
Nice being out walking and I walked 6.2 miles
✼     ✼     ✼     ✼
It was Super Senior day out with our church friends today.  We didn't go anywhere  special today but just met at church and had lunch there, but still it was a nice time. : )

Came home and knitted some more on the baby sweater.  I got the front done and thought you might like to see how it is coming along.  I have to make one more just like this for the back.
Another evening at church to see a chalk drawing so I'd better get off the computer.
Hope your day has been a happy one.
happyone : )
The world has enough beautiful mountains and meadows,
spectacular skies and serene lakes.
It has enough lush forests, flowered fields and sandy beaches.
It has plenty of stars and the promise of a new sunrise and sunset every day.
What the world needs more of,
is people to appreciate and enjoy it.
~ Michael Josephson

11 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Sounds like a nice day.
You are making nice progress on the sweater. It looks so warm and cozy already.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, You sure live in a nice area. Just looks perfect for nice long walks like you do. You have a talent for photography ... sometimes they call it the "eye" ... lots of people can take pictures of things but only a few really know how to "frame it all up" and get the best look. Your photography is great. John

Karen said...

You are so talented. Photography, knitting, baking, writing.....what can't you do?! The sweater is beautiful, as are today's pictures. No snow yet here in southern Maryland, but I'm hopeful for a snowy winter. Have a wonderful evening :)

Nellie said...

I grew up without indoor plumbing, and I'm eternally grateful to have it! That is a wonderful example of your knitting. You do very nice work. Wishing you a good evening!

Anonymous said...

That's a great gratitude list (and image) at the top of your post. I was thinking along those lines yesterday, and all those folks getting buried by the lake effect snow from Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. I can't imagine how difficult that has to be!

Very nice work on the baby sweater!

Lindy

Ruth Hiebert said...

The sweater will be lovely when it's done.

doodles n daydreams said...

I like your snow pictures, really pretty. And the baby jersey is looking good too. You're a talented lady.

Diana

Kerin said...

Awww... the baby sweater is turning out so nicely! Good job!!

Beautiful pictures.

Warm wishes....

K.

Anonymous said...

Another uplifting post. Baby sweater is precious. Mary Jo

Ida said...

Oh yes I'm thankful for heaters to help stay warm inside on cold days & today thankful for rain that melted away the last of the snow/ice so the roads are easier to travel on. - Your sweater is going to be really cute.

o2bhiking said...

Your thankfulness list today rang true for me! We had our well go dry twice - once for four months and once for two - in a prior home. I have always appreciated running water since, trust me!