Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday

I am thankful for answered prayer.
Sometimes it is not the answer I want 
but in the end I see that God knew what was best for me.
I am also thankful for my Mother's prayers for me.
For a long time I didn't go to church and my mom
prayed every day that I would get back on track with God.
I am thankful that she never gave up praying.  : )
✼     ✼     ✼     ✼
✼     ✼     ✼     ✼
This morning the temperature was 19 degrees with a bit of a breeze and at first some snow flurries fell around me.  By the time I got home there was some blue sky and the sun was starting to come out. 

First went to public works and slipped the water bill down the slot and then over to the post office to mail off a Netflix.  Then just walked all over the place.

There were two others out walking this morning as well as me, a man and his dog and a woman.

Out in a field I saw a couple of deer in the distance.
 Some beef cattle up on a dirt pile along Barn Sale Rd.
It may have been a bit chilly but what a great morning to be out walking. 
I walked 6.3 miles.
✼     ✼     ✼     ✼
We've been home today puttering around the house. 

After supper is one more night of chalk drawings at church and tonight the 6 of them will be given away.  Each night people got points for bringing visitors to the service and the people with the most visitors will get a drawing.  No, we aren't getting any.

We were going to go food shopping at Walmart today but decided to go tonight after church because they are just a few miles apart.  Any other place we've lived, we wouldn't think of shopping on a Friday night but it doesn't matter here.  There still won't be a lot of people. : )  Another reason we like living here.

Hope your day was happy and bright.
happyone : )
Thou hast given so much to me,
Give one thing more - a grateful heart;
Not thankful when it pleaseth me,
As if Thy blessings had spare days,
But such a heart whose pulse may be Thy praise.
~ George Herbert

7 comments:

Nellie said...

Love the George Herbert quote! I'm going to have to check out Netflix. I don't know about it. Enjoy your church service and shopping afterwards.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Praise God for a Mother's prayers. Your story shows again the importance of praying for our children. Have a great weekend.

Kerin said...

There is such power in a mothers prayer.
So glad that you have a personal relationship with our Father in Heaven, and you are growing your faith :)

Have a nice weekend, and stay warm .

K.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Karen - I love your thoughts on prayer. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on gratitude during this season.

Anonymous said...

I hear many stories of people who were saved because of their mother's prayers. :) That's certainly a beautiful image at the top of your post.

Hope you and Ken have a nice weekend.

Lindy



Jeanne said...

For me it was a friend that helped back on the right path. I can't thank her enough.
Your first photo is very inspiring. Beautiful!!

Ida said...

Brrrr....we've actually warmed up a little here now. What a nice photo of the deer in the field. These chalk drawings sound interesting.