Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A day at HT

I am thankful for all the Veterans, passed, present and future
so I can live free in the good old USA.
✼     ✼     ✼     ✼
Happy Veteran's Day

 ✼     ✼     ✼     ✼
Geese and the moon
 Another one of those clear crisp mornings.  It was 39 degrees, no wind and sunny.  Walked around the Farm Loop again this morning and around town.
Farmer Bill was once again rounding up his dogs and we just waved.  Farther down the road I pass by Farmer George's farm.
At the end of the road I make a left turn to head back down to town.  This is what I see walking down the road.  I am so blessed to be able to walk in such a place.  : )
Every day I still see lots of geese flying overhead.  They are flying north which surprises me.

Walking past Annie's Kitchen I smelled bread baking.  On the other side of smells was the cow smell coming from the farms. Though I am used to that now and it doesn't seem bad anymore.  : )

Didn't see anyone else out walking.  It sure was beautiful morning to be out walking.
I walked 6.2 miles.
 ✼     ✼     ✼     ✼
On such a beautiful day as this, it was a perfect day to spend up at Happy Trails.  We ate breakfast, I hung out a load of wash on the line and then we headed up to Happy Tails and spent the whole day there.  It warmed up nicely and was in the 60's.
We burned a lot of branches in the burn barrel and Ken dug up a few more tree stumps and brought them up the road to our tree stump dump area.
I added more dead fall on the natural wall I'm making.
I always just hike around up there too, enjoying the quiet.  It's been such a nice day. : )

Hope your day has been a happy one.
happyone : )
I have a lot to be thankful for.
I am healthy, happy and I am loved.
~Reba McEntire

8 comments:

Craver Vii said...

I was happy to see your flag. I didn't put my flag out today because of rain. When I thank veterans, I usually also mention gratitude for the sacrifices their spouses make. Our nation is by no means perfect, but I'd rather live here than anywhere else.

Happy@Home said...

Pretty pictures from your day and I especially like the flag flying in front of the red roofed house. A nice tribute to our veterans.
How nice to smell bread baking on your walk. One of my favorite smells. Now about those cow smells... :)

Nellie said...

What lovely farmland you have for your walking views! It is difficult these days for farmers to make much of a living, though, and it is hard work. We normally have seen geese flying overhead by this time, but they have been more silent than in past years - if they have been about. We are not very far from lake access here.

Anonymous said...

I must agree - you do live in a beautiful place! I very much enjoy seeing your community. I like the natural wall you are building. I don't think you'll have any shortage of materials. :-)


Lindy

bettyC said...

I love the smell of cows. When I was a kid, we'd go to my Grandparent!s farm in Canada. I'd milk cows; call them in; walk thru chickens to get to the outhouse. the only running water was a pump in the kitchen sink. Fun times for a kid. Cow smell bring back many happy memories.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Such a pretty place to walk....yes you are blessed!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I always love hearing about your days! You and Ken have so much to be grateful for at this season of your lives! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, the good and the bad, the fragrant and the stinky! Mary Jo