Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, September 22, 2014

The New Pellet Stove

Picture of the Day
Took this rolled hay and golden rod picture a couple of days ago.
 ❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
This morning it was 50 degrees and when I stepped outside I realized it was drizzling so went back inside and got my rain slicker on.  I don't mind getting wet when it's warm out but this morning it was a cold drizzle.  It drizzled on and off all during my walk.

I walked the town route I mapped out the other day but tweaked it a bit.

Nothing much happening around town this morning and didn't see anyone else out.

I walked 6.2 miles.
Didn't find any coins today but yesterday I found a nickel.
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
We have a Harmon pellet stone in our house and it did a great job of heating our house last winter.  The basement was cold though so we decided to get another one, though smaller, for the basement.  We ordered it a couple of weeks ago and today we went to pick it up with our truck.   It was loaded in the back of the truck and home we went.
Now we had to get it off the truck and down in the basement. 
Ken backed the truck in low spot just off the driveway which made it easier to take off the truck.
 Got it in the garage and at first thought we could take it through the kitchen and down the stairs to the basement,  but that wasn't going to work.
The wood was taken off the bottom and the stove was secured with straps on the hand truck and taken to the outside stairs to the basement.  You may notice that Ken is smiling in these pictures.  He was very patient with me as I took pictures. : )
This is the stairs that it had to go down.  I'm looking up from the bottom.  Ken let it down one step at a time while I held the safety strap and said a few prayers.
I am happy to say all went well and here it sits. It may not look very big but it sure is heavy!!  Now Ken just has to install it. 
With that out of the way we decided to go to Brenda's for pizza.  Now that tourist season is over Mondays at Brenda's is half price pizza.  : )

Hope your day has been one filled with sunshine and you smiled often.
happyone : )
I know that when I pray,
something wonderful happens.
Not just to the person or persons for whom I'm praying,
but also something wonderful happens to me.
I'm grateful that I'm heard.
~ Maya Angelou
Three Thankful Things Today
  1. My yellow rain slicker
  2. Getting the pellet stove down the basement
  3. 1/2 price pizza

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Love the shot of the hay and golden rod.. I am glad all went well moving that heavy pellet stove.. You should be very warm this winter... Pizza for dinner, now that is yummy.. Enjoy your evening.

Grandma C said...

Wow that is some very beautiful Goldenrod.

Nellie said...

Love Maya Angelou!

What a chore that was to get that pellet stove into the basement! Yay for you! You deserved pizza at Brenda's tonight!

Happy@Home said...

Leave it to the 2 of you to figure a way to get that heavy stove to the basement. I'd say that pizza was well deserved tonight.

o2bhiking said...

My aching back! Glad he got that moved in without injury. At least it is a one time job!

Vee said...

Accckkkk! Glad that the basement will be warm and the upstairs floors warm. That's a very good thing.

Jeanne said...

I always enjoy your country photos. I love goldenrod in the fall. Beautiful!

Meta/roses. said...

Good job. Hope he is not sore the next few days.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Good job getting it down those steps!! Can you call on you and your hubby to help me move? :)

Kerri Farley said...

Now you'll be warm and toasty in the basement! Yippee!

Ida said...

That golden rod is gorgeous, so vivid. I don't like cold rain either. Wow that would have been tricky getting the stove down those stairs. Glad it went down safely. Mmmm Pizza, good, 1/2 price even better.

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, I've held that job, too--holding strap/cord/whatever...and praying! Ken is a good sport about having his picture taken. You make money on your walks! :)