Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Our pumpkins out front

Passed by this shed on my walk and thought it looked nice nestled down there.
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
50 degrees this morning and dark when I started walking.  Roads were wet but drying and when the sun rose it was sunny with some clouds scattered around. 

I had a random walk all over the place.  I have tried to make some different walking routes but don't seem to stick to them here.  I think I prefer to just walk where I feel like it.  Back where I used to live I mostly stuck to the routes I mapped out.  Maybe because there where lots of walking paths already around and I just followed them and then I had the lake to walk around.  Sometimes I miss walking around the lake and the many paths I had to walk but I like walking around here too.  I'm sure if I moved someplace else I would miss my walking places here too.

I saw someone getting a new front window put in their house.  When I passed by the workers had just removed the old window completely.  It was a big picture window.  I'll have to go back tomorrow and see what they replaced it with.

Walking around one of the cemeteries I saw a new grave. 
There is a big red building right at the edge of town that says Farmers Market and it has been for sale for a few years.  I noticed lots of activity going on up there.  Wonder what it will be.

I walked 6.2 miles.
Found a penny - this time heads up.  That's good luck, right Keith? : )
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
We have an old Hoosier (old kitchen baking cupboard) that I've had for about 25 years and just have no room for it and it has been sitting up in the shed.  Some friends of ours have a booth in an antiques and collectibles shop and we gave it to them to sell for us and we will split the money.  I had planned on taking a picture of their booth with our Hoosier in it but forgot all about it. 

We went for a little ride afterwards and planned to check out a little antique shop we see signs for but have never stopped at.  It was closed though - only open Fri - Sun so we will have to go back another time.

I was in the house and went outside to see what Ken was up to.  He had taken the pumpkins from our garden and arranged them out in front of the house.  Didn't he do a great job? 
 We still have seven more pumpkins growing in the patch.

 A happy day to you my friends.
happyone : )
It does not require many words to speak the truth.
~ Chief Joseph
Three Thankful Things Today
  1.  The Hoosier is out of the shed
  2.  Ken got the pellet stove installed without a problem
  3.  Pumpkin Surprise

11 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Yes Ken did a GREAT job! The front of your house looks sooooo Beautiful!!!

eileeninmd said...

Your house and gardens are pretty. And your Ken did a great job with the pumpkins, they look nice. Glad you had a nice walk. Wonderful photos, enjoy your evening!

Grandma C said...

I like what Ken did with the pumpkins they look so pretty with the bright colored flowers. Have a beautiful day!

George said...

I love the 'harvest' look of your house with the pumpkins in front. You're certainly ready for the season. I imagine you would find good walking paths wherever you might be. I like the idea you often go where the spirit leads you.

Nellie said...

Your house looks like it is ready for the season! Those are great pumpkins!

I didn't mention that I found a dime yesterday on the parking lot! That was exciting as I hardly ever find anything other than pennies. The dime was heads up.

I hope you will receive a good price for the Hoosier cabinet. I might have thought I had room for it here, but that's definitely not the case.

Almost bedtime here!

The Furry Gnome said...

Your house and flowers looks really nice. I think I've found it on Google Maps, with a blue truck parked out front!

Jeanne said...

The front of your house looks beautiful and the pumpkins are arranged perfectly!

doodles n daydreams said...

Your house looks gorgeous, well done Ken.I enjoy seeing the autumn decorating as we don't do it here.

Diana

Beate said...

Your house looks so beautiful with all the wonderful flowers and the pumpkins in the front! :)

Ruta M. said...

Love the pumpkins and the flowers look good too. My 1 pumpkin is about the size of an apple. not much soup out of that.

Anonymous said...

Your pumpkins and flowers are so colorful. Yes, he did a great job decorating.