Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 20, 2014

A sunny Saturday

Picture of the Day
Man riding bike
 ❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
This morning the temperature was back up to 55 degrees.  Some sun and clouds around when I walked.
Haven't walked the Farm Loop for a few days now so decided to walk that way.

As you you can see from the picture some trees are changing colors and some are still green.

I saw a whole bunch of geese flying over head but it was a bit strange.  Usually the geese fly in a perfect V formation.  Today they were all just flying every which way and basically not going anywhere.  They finally just flew away.

Right at the top of the hill where the man is riding the bike in the first picture, I took this picture of the soy bean fields.  I wish I could walk up that farm road. : )
Walked around town too for a couple of miles and then back home again.
I walked 6.3 miles.
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
What beautiful weather we are having today.  Sunny with a slight breeze and in the 70's.  I did a few things around the house but mostly spent the day outside puttering around the yard again.

Sat on the front porch quite awhile too and read.  Sure is nice having a front porch. : ) 
Hope you're enjoying your Saturday.
A happy day to you.
happyone : )
The things that we love tell us what we are.
~ Thomas Aquinas
Three Thankful Things Today
  1. These last warm days before the cold comes
  2. My front porch
  3. White clouds in a pretty blue sky

8 comments:

Nellie said...

Thomas Aquinas says it well! I'd love to have a front porch for reading. It's good to know that you are enjoying yours. I was outside reading yesterday afternoon, and the stink bugs wouldn't leave me alone! They are everywhere!

o2bhiking said...

Enjoying Saturday for sure. It is laid back for me, some errands and some football. Going to a concert tonight. The weather sure is gorgeous. Art

eileeninmd said...

Sounds like a lovely day.. We usually are on the back deck, I prefer not to sit out front to see the cars go by.. The geese must be confused as to whether they want to stay or leave.. The last shot is pretty and I love the colorful tree! Enjoy your evening!

Happy@Home said...

Pretty pictures from your day. The geese do seem a bit confused. Maybe they were enjoying your nice weather and weren't sure they wanted to leave.
We had a day very similar to yours and it was a welcome relief. I opened a few windows, did some gardening and took a walk with Jaxson, Brett and Peanut.

Vee said...

Those geese are going to enjoy the gleanings of the fields for a while longer, I think. The vistas change quite a lot in your corner with the fields being harvested. More color there than here! All I have seen is a sickly tinge of yellow.

Kerri Farley said...

What a great view from your porch!!!

Meta/roses. said...

Such lovely photos. I wish I could walk on that farm road too.

Ida said...

What a pleasant day you had for your walk. I love the changing colors of your trees. Also you have a very pretty porch and views from it. That field was rather fascinating too since I've never seen soy beans growing before.