Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Good Fences and a hair cut

My Good Fence #7.  Happy Trails is all along the left side. I'm walking down the road here going back to the house.
I'm linking up with GoodFences today.
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
This morning it was 60 degrees and foggy.  I'm walking up to one of the cemeteries in the picture.

I walked half way to Happy Trails, then turned around and headed back to town where I finished out my walk.

A pretty quiet morning.  Only saw Peggy walking Saxton.

 Saw the usual rabbits and birds and it was a nice peaceful walk.
I walked 6.2 miles.
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
Thank you everyone who took the time to vote for our home name.
Looks like Happy Acre is the name of our home.  It won with 32 votes.
Sunnyside had 15 votes and Heavens Next 4.
Thanks Again. : )
I'll have to make a sign of some kind to hang out front.

The main event of the day today was getting my hair cut.  First of all Sherry cut it like the picture, but my hair just doesn't fall like the models hair so it really looks nothing like the picture.  I'm thinking it will look different once I wash my hair and let it dry naturally. 

I've spent a lot of the day running into the bathroom to look in the mirror trying to get used to it.  I'm being brave posting this picture of my haircut because I'm not that crazy about it.  But here it is.
 Ken's comment about my hair is he thinks it is 'cute.'

I've discovered some games on the Guide Post website to play and I've been spending a lot of time playing them.  I really must go and get something done today.

Hope your day is a happy one.
happyone : )
Three Thankful Things Today
Let the rays of your heart shine on all who pass by.
~ Terri Guillemets
  1. Our home has a name
  2. Malt balls
  3. Hair grows
Comment Replies:
Nellie -  Oh, I'm going to keep my Corvette.  I don't think I'll ever sell that.  It's my dream car.

15 comments:

Nellie said...

I also catch myself spending too much time on "electronic devices.":-) That certainly interferes with getting something done! Love your haircut! Mine never has fallen the way the models in the pictures will fall, either.

Happy@Home said...

I agree with Ken it is VERY cute. While it might not lay like the model's hair, it looks so full and pretty. I think you have the type of hair that could carry off many different cuts successfully. I suppose the true test is when you wash it and style it yourself.
Glad to see that my choice for your house name was the winner. I was wondering if you were going to make a sign or something. Our neighbors across the street have a name above their garage.

Anonymous said...

"Variety is the spice of life." It's great that you can have optional hair cuts. It makes you more interesting than wearing it the same way all the time. It's attractive and neat and makes a nice change.
Mary Jo

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh I Love the haircut... You look adorable ---and it's GREAT... I hope you learn to like it and will keep it short.... TERRIFIC!!!! You might like it better if you had some highlights put in it. (BUT--each of us have opinions and the truth is that YOU have to be happy with it.. I just wish I had nice, thick hair like yours!!!! You are blessed!)

I love the name of your home --and it goes well with Happy Trails!!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

TexWisGirl said...

well, i like your home area, no matter what it is called. and my hair needs to be shorn to a nub. :)

eileeninmd said...

I like your fence shot, it is a pretty lane. Your new hairdo is cute, I like it! Happy Acre got my vote. Enjoy your evening!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Loving the new haircut!! You have a happy smile as always :) and I love the trail in that first picture!

Linda said...

I like the foggy scene, and your hair looks great!

Jeanne said...

I think your haircut looks great. It's always fun to change styles every now and then. Sorry I didn't get to vote but I would have voted for Happy Acre. Sounds perfect!

CJ said...

Lovely pic of the long fence. I, too, like to take morning walks, especially on cool, foggy mornings.

My "Good Fences" post can be found here:
http://proartz.blogspot.com/2014/08/good-fences-82114-gugus-truck.html

o2bhiking said...

Nice do! But the good thing about hair is, if you really don't like it, it is not permanent.

That is what I voted for - it complements "Happy Trails" very well. Enjoy your Friday. Art

Vee said...

It is pretty cute! You are adorable! Anyway, thank you for being brave because I was curious. Your thankful item, "Hair Grows" let's us know what you think about it.

Kerri Farley said...

OH I LOVE your hair!!!

Ida said...

The haircut looks great. It always look different when we get home and style it the way we feel most comfortable with. I just had a new cut & perm. I need to post a new photo. Loving your wonderful fence shots, such a pretty area. I can't believe how far you walk. I need to get back into walking again.

Anonymous said...

I love your fence scene and also the foggy scene - which is even more gorgeous when clicked to enlarge. :)

Your new 'do' looks very nice! Your hair definitely has more body than the picture you showed a few days ago of the model. The advantage to short hair - and this is true of your cut - is that makes one look younger. :D (Who doesn't like that?! My mom was a beautician when I was a kid. She always told me that long hair 'lengthens/ages' a person's face. I've worn my hair varying lengths of short since I was 18. My hubby has never known me with long hair and loves that I wear it short. My present cut is about a fat inch all over (Google Jamie Lee Curtis images and that's my hair style.) I'm sure your stylist will make adjustments with your cut if you're not happy with it. The nice thing about hair is, it grows and can be restyled. Truly, your new style does look nice on you. :)

Lindy