Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Another good day

Picture of the day.
Blacked Eyed Susans up along Barn Sale Road

❤     ❤     ❤     ❤

This morning it was 64 degrees with some low hanging clouds and in some places the sun was shining. 

First walked to the post office and mailed off a Netflix, walked around the loop behind the ball park and then headed up Barn Sale Road.  That's where I'm walking when I took the picture.  Those are some of Farmer Marvin's cattle.

A very quiet Saturday and a short walk this morning for me, only walked 4.5 miles.  I had to get home because we were going out and I ran out of time.
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
We went to an auction this morning at the fair grounds.  We looked around but didn't see anything we had to have so we didn't stay very long.

Next stop was a big rig truck show with festival type activities.  Craft, food, games, and stuff like that.  We didn't stay there long either.  Just looked at everything thing and then went on to a store called Whispering Pines just over the boarder in PA.  It's a rustic furniture store but has lots of country decorating items and outside items as well.  I loved everything in the store but didn't buy a thing.

We were back home early afternoon.  Then it was up to Happy Trails to get more dirt and rocks.  I went along with Ken this time.
Here along side of the tractor barn is where he has been getting the dirt.  Nice to have more room around by the barn now.
Here is the progress of the patio.  Lots of trailer loads of dirt have been brought in and rocks too.  Ken has lined the edge of patio with rocks.  We just need a few more trailer loads of fill and then he can start putting the rocks down for the patio.
Pictures from both sides.
So it's been another busy day for us here who live at Happy Acre.

A couple of last things about my hair.  Yes, I could go back to Sherry and ask if she could do something with my hair to make me like it better and I know she would be more than happy to do that.  But I'm thinking she would have to cut it more and then it would just take longer to grow out.  She actually did a great job cutting it, I just don't like how it looks on me and I don't think shorter would make me like it more. : )  It doesn't look like it in the picture but my hair actually is layered.
I am getting a bit used to it now and I really think I'll like it when it grows a couple of inches. 
Vee - I did go back and read you post about your hair cut. : ) 

Hope your day has been a happy one.  I am sure looking forward to my ice cream later.  It has been a long day.
happyone : )
An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.
~ Henry David Thoreau
Three Thankful Things Today
  1. Black Eyed Susans 
  2. A busy day
  3. Happy Trails

9 comments:

Vee said...

That is a stunning photo of those flowers, the damp road, and the mist. Yes, you went back, but did you read the comments? I laugh so hard over everyone else's experiences. We're never alone in an unhappy haircut.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That patch of Black-eyed Susans is gorgeous.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely scenes from your morning walk. I love the pretty flowers and the cows in the field... Sounds like you had a busy day.. I am sorry you are not happy with the new hair cut..I think we have all been thru some hair cuts we do not like.. My problem is usually I can never get it to look like how it did the first day.
Have a happy Sunday!

Linda said...

Love the picture of black-eyed Susan's! I know you will enjoy that patio.

Happy@Home said...

What a pretty photo of the black-eyed Susans with the red wagon wheel in the background. A true "out in the country" scene if ever there was one.
Sounds like another busy and productive day for you and Ken.
The quote today is meant for you. I think you could have written it :).

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the Black-Eyed Susans. Wow that patio is sure going to be nice. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Kerin said...

The picture with the black eyed Susans is so pretty!

Sounds like the patio at Happy Acre is coming right along. Ken is working so hard to get it done :)

Ida said...

Oh the black-eyed Susan's are gorgeous. Nice shot of the farmers cows too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love your image of the Black-eyed Susans - beautiful composition! I would love walking down that road. I'd probably be talking to the cattle as I went along. :-)

Lindy