Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Weeds and deck work progress

Field of wild flowers
✻     ✻     ✻     ✻
Mostly cloudy this morning with a bit of sunshine and 60 degrees when I set out walking.  Got rained on just a bit while the sun was shining and was dry again in no time.
I walked up and down the two hills behind my house and then headed down the main road towards Happy Trails.

Got a chuckle out of the newly painted double yellow lines on this dead end street where just a few people live.  Hardly ever meet another car.   Happy Trails is up on the left.  I turned around here and headed back to town.
Lots of pretty weeds line the road where I walked today and I couldn't resist snapping a couple of pictures of them.

On the way back to town on the main road the speed limit is 55 which turns to 40 as you near town and through town it's 25.  A lot of days radar is set up so we often see people getting tickets.  Today I saw a pickup truck moving along pretty fast and didn't slow down for the 40 or 25 zones.  He didn't have to go through a speed trap to get caught though because a police car was right BEHIND him.  Yup, he got pulled over and got a ticket.

I walked around one of the cemeteries and the loop behind the ball park and headed home.

I walked 6.4 miles.
✻     ✻     ✻     ✻
I did my morning house routine chores this morning while Ken went outside to work on the deck.  I went out to do minor help by collecting the nails.
Progress went great this morning and this is what it looks like now.
 In this photo I noticed I'm reflected in the window standing on the picnic table.
 Here's some stone that Ken has collected and put them in neat piles.  We still need many, many more.
We went out in the afternoon to do a few errands and stopped in to see Mr Harvey.  Unfortunately he was out of the building at the time at a doctors appointment.  We'll have to go another day.

When we got home we sat out on the front porch for a little while and read.  We had a light rain shower but not enough to send us inside.  I love that summer rain on the cement smell.

I don't usually go to church on Wednesday nights but Ken does once in a while.  I decided to go tonight and will probably will from now on.  A series on The Beatitudes started last week which I would like to hear.

Hope your day has been a happy one and you smiled often.
happyone : )
✻     ✻     ✻     ✻
A kind heart is a fountain of gladness,
making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.
~ Washington Irving
Three Thankful Things Today
  1. Streets lined with pretty weeds
  2. A bit of rain to cool me off while walking
  3. Summer rain on cement smell

7 comments:

Nellie said...

Lovely wildflowers along your walk today! We've had high humidity here today, and just about a hafl hour ago began to have some rain! The temperature has dropped ten degrees! That is good progress taking down that deck. I know you will enjoy going to church tonight.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh,I love the wildflowers.They have such a delicate beauty.

Kerin said...

Yay! You are getting closer and closer to getting the new patio done. Step at a time :)
Love the wildflowers. I think I saw goldenrod, and Queen Annes lace in those pictures.

You are right! The double yellow painted line, is a grin generator !!
Maybe they had a bit of left-over paint, down at the city shed....***haha**.

We have overcast skies, and wind. Lots and lots of wind today.

I too love the smell of rain on concrete. There are those smells that just scream "Summer"!!
Fresh mowed hay, rainfall, sprinklers running on a freshly mowed lawn.... fresh raspberries, etc.. etc...

Have a lovely evening, my friend.

Kerin

Anonymous said...

Oh that's such pretty scenery on the way to HT! Can't hardly wait to see your finished patio. That was quite a job getting the old deck torn down.

Our church has Wednesday night classes, too, but they are suspended for the summer. I'm looking forward to them starting back up next month. The Beatitudes is an excellent subject. :)

~Lindy

Deb J. in Utah said...

Your new back patio will be really nice. Wednesday night church classes sound nice. Our ladies group is having a class tomorrow night to learn to make and can salsa. There is a Wednesday night scripture study class for the young people and Josh is headed there in just a few minutes. Enjoy the rest of the week!

Happy@Home said...

I would be tempted to pick a bouquet of the wildflowers. The colors are so pretty together.
Your deck project is moving right along. I'm anxious to see the finished project.
I know that rain on cement smell you mentioned. It is a good one for sure.

eileeninmd said...

Love the scenery on your walk. The queen anne's lace is pretty with the other colorful flowers.. I am sure your patio will be wonderful when it is done.. Enjoy your day!