Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, July 03, 2014

The Bus Test

Savage River Reservoir
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
62 degrees this morning, with a little fog around, but mostly sunny with a few clouds.  I had a random walk around town.

4th of July is a big thing around my town and this morning people were out getting things ready.  The fire trucks were getting washed, picnic tables and bleachers were put up behind the fire house.  The mowers were out and the weed trimmers too.

I saw a few others out walking and a runner as well.  Lots of activity so early in the morning.

I walked 6.3 miles.
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
Tomorrow morning should be even busier.  The parade tomorrow morning is a GREAT parade, especially for a small town.  People come from all over and get here early to mark out their viewing spot along the road.

Sometimes your day isn't the one you had planned.  Today was like that.  Ken left this morning the same time that I did to go to church to pick up the church bus.  Pastor Grant (youth pastor) was going with Ken so Ken could finally take the driving part of the test to get his bus license. 

I had planned on being home today and getting a lot of stuff done around the house.  I had laundry started.  One load on the line the other in the washer.  Had cookies to bake a three bean salad to make and then I had to get some house cleaning done.

9:30 Ken called and said he had good news and bad news.  Good news was he passed the first two parts of the driving test.  Getting the safety check list done and parking, backing up and general stuff that could be done in the parking lot.

The bad news was that just as Ken was to do the actual road driving part of the test, the bus starting squirting stuff out from under the hood and he couldn't finish the test.
It's a long story but I had to drive the truck with Ken's tools to the MVA which is down in LaVale.  After much traveling around to stores we finally got the part to fix the bus and Ken fixed it. 
Even though the road part of the driving test would have only taken 15 minutes, the driving inspector wouldn't let Ken finish the test today.  So he had to make another appointment for July 18.  He will only have to take the road part though.

While we were down in LaVale we had lunch with Pastor Grant at Long John Silvers.  I then drove the truck back home and Ken and Pastor Grant drove the bus back.

Driving home I went through 2 storms, each one only lasting about 10 minutes.  I thought oh no, my clothes hanging on the line are getting soaked but when I got home, it had never rained here. 

I have made the Three Bean Salad and finished my laundry but that's all that's getting done today.
 ♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
A cardinal sits on the fence at the Bird Garden.  I put some seeds on top of the fence too.  Sometimes the birds will pose for me. : )
Hope your day was happy and bright.
happyone : )
 ♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
Happiness is an attitude.
We either make ourselves miserable,
or happy and strong.
The amount of work is the same.
~Francesca Reigler
Three Happy Things Today
  1. Ken passed two thirds of his test
  2. He was able to fix the problem with the bus
  3. We got to eat lunch out 

8 comments:

Vee said...

May 18?! That's a long wait! Good grief.

Have a wonderful 4th of July tomorrow! It sounds like an amazing home town event!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I miss a small town 4th of July. It is so hot around here, that a big parade isn't even feasible, but we are planning to go watch some fireworks tomorrow night and there will be Independence Day breakfast at the church tomorrow morning. Like Vee, I sure hope that was a little error and Ken doesn't have to wait until next May to take his test. Josh, my son, took his road test for his official adult driver's license (not his learner's permit) but failed the parallel parking part so will have to retake it again next week. Driving tests always seem NOT to go very smoothly. So glad you found the positive in a day that didn't go as you had planned. Have a very happy Independence Day!

Nellie said...

I just have to stop by and see what is going on with you! You have proven that you are able to be flexible where your plans are concerned. Great plans for the 4th! So glad your clothes on the line did not have rain on them!

Beth said...

My little town i moved from went all out for the 4th of July! I miss the festivities at the park.
I am glad your clothes didn't get wet!

Happy@Home said...

I love reading about the ways towns all over our country are preparing for July 4th. It makes us all feel connected and united. I think we don't always think about all of the behind the scenes work that goes on to pull off our parades and fireworks. We will be having a fireworks display at the end of the street. I've been watching them set up for days now.
Oh gosh, it's a good thing you are flexible and were able to help out with the bus crisis. I'm thinking Ken will be glad when all of this is behind him and he can carry on with his duties.
Love your photo of the cardinal. Such a pretty bird (or should I say handsome).

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, Just stopping by to say "Happy 4th of July".... Hope you have an incredible weekend whether you are traveling, with family or friends --or like us, just enjoying being home! We hope to grill a couple of steaks tomorrow. Our weather here is awesome right now...God Bless American --and God Bless YOU.

Sorry about the bus problem ---but glad he doesn't have to wait til next MAY... ha... Glad you are getting some birdies in your Bird Kitchen.

Hugs,
Betsy

o2bhiking said...

Well, things don't always go as planned. But you both did what needed to be done today. And I am impressed that he knew how to repair a bus. I'd be fairly clueless. July 18 is coming right up. Enjoy the parade and Independence Day. Art

eileeninmd said...

Happy 4th of July to you and Ken! Love the reservoir shot and the pretty Cardinal..Sorry about the bus problem. Enjoy all the festivities and parade today!