Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Good Fences

My Good Fence #4
Linking up with Good Fences this week again.  If you want to post one or see more fence pictures click HERE.
✻     ✻     ✻     ✻
60 degrees this morning and cloudy.  Walked around town and then up Barn Sale Road.  I'm on my way down the road here with about a quarter of the way to go to the main road.  Quite a trek up the hill but nice walking down.  You can see some black dots down there on the right
which are steer (learned that is what I should call them and not cows) and here they are close up as I walk by.  The one in the back on the left was really mooing loudly and I got the impression he wanted me to keep going.  I felt sorry for the one in front which seemed to have a million flies on her.
Walked around town some more and then made my way back home.
I walked 6.2 miles.
✻     ✻     ✻     ✻
Glad I went to church last night.  We saw a beautiful rainbow on the way that lasted almost till we got to church.  For a time there was a double rainbow.  It was a full arc  and I could even see the rainbow color on the trees.  Tried to take a picture through the car window but it didn't come out. 

Baked some cookies first thing this morning so I could take some to Cherry Hill late this morning.  Have to bake more for Sunday too for the kids snacks at Sunday school.  I wonder how many chocolate chip cookies I've baked in my life. : )

Today at Cherry Hill I was talking with Ruth and told her what a nice smile she had.  Her answer with a laugh was, "It's my false teeth, and the are loose and sometimes fall out."  My reply was, "You don't just use your mouth to smile, your eyes smile too."

After lunch I tackled ironing some shirts which I have let go again.  Last time I said I was going to do the ironing as I washed them when I only have one or two to iron.  But here I am with having to iron 11 shirts again.  Maybe next time will be different. : )
Ironed eight of them and then went outside to do some more weeding.  I'll do those last three later this evening.

Now it's time for supper.

It's been a cloudy day with just a little bit of sun and a cool day as well with temperatures in the high 60's.

Hope your day has been a happy one and you smiled often.
happyone : )
✻     ✻     ✻     ✻ 
A smile happens in a flash,
but its memory can last a lifetime.
~ Unknown
 Three Thankful Things Today
  1.  A cool summer day
  2.  That I'm healthy and don't feel my age
  3. A husband who is also my best friend

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love the rickety looking fence and beautiful country! love the cattle in the grasses, too. and i appreciate a good smile, too.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful fence scene and I love the sweet looking steers.. It is nice to have a cool summer day.. I enjoyed your thankful things for the day.. Enjoy your evening and the weekend ahead!

Anonymous said...

That is a great fence. Sounds like a nice walk, I'm glad the weather was nice for it. You described my ironing system, too. Maybe next time--for both of us!

George said...

I really like your fence for this week. They don't make them like that anymore. It would be nice to know how many chocolate chip cookies you've baked. It would be even nicer if I could taste a sample of them!

Jeanne said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I've been missing out on reading blogs lately but will be back in the loop of things soon. I always enjoy reading about your walks in that beautiful countryside.

Kerin said...

Love the rail fence... it's got such character!

Love your thankful things list. I too am thankful that my husband is also my very best friend;
isn't it a great blessing?!!!

Nellie said...

There must be a gene we share. That is my approach to ironing, too! I've quite a lot in the laundry room waiting for the iron. I just keep delaying it. Love that fence.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the things you are thankful for today ~ especially that you feel younger than your 35 years ;-) Thanks for the reminder...I need to finish some ironing tonight too. Enjoy your Friday!

Anonymous said...

What a great-looking fence! I've seen that style frequently in Kentucky and Tennessee, too. Sorry your rainbow picture didn't turn out. :( Chocolate chip cookies sound good - which reminds me - I need to bake something for our Sunday school class this weekend. I like your 'thankful thing #3.' :-)

Lindy

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

that is a great fence shot and I love seeing the cattle. Have a great weekend.

Vee said...

You take care of yourself! You should feel healthy. I feel bad for those with ill-fitting false teeth as it is an easy fix...relining. Most people just prefer not to give up their teeth for 24 hours. That was a nice answer you gave Ruth!

Steers, eh? Well I need to learn the terminology because I am hopelessly confused.

ellen b said...

What an interesting fence. Good for you for walking all those miles...makes me feel sedentary....

Kerri Farley said...

OH I LOVE your Fence pic!!! and you "smile" through your blog posts :)

o2bhiking said...

That's a great list today of things to be thankful for. You are rich with those in your life. Nice comment about the smile. Remember the song "When Irish Eyes are Smiling?"

BumbleVee said...

what a great old fence....and, ...still standing....