Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, July 05, 2014

Cool weather

Walking up the hill
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
I walked my usual 6 miles around town yesterday morning.  Then later in the morning we watched the parade and then walked around town.  Had lunch at the fire house, bought a few things at the craft show, listened to the band and stood around talking to people.  There was a walking tour but since I've already walked all around town a million times we didn't walk that. : )

The weather was beautiful.  Sunny, no humidity to speak of, and the temperature was only in the 60's.  Quite cool even for here.

The BBQ in the evening at our friend's house was fantastic.  There were a LOT of people there and so much food that I don't even want to look a food today.

When it got dark we went up the hill in the back of their property and got to watch the fire works away from all the crowds.  They lasted about 40 minutes are were beautiful.  It was down right cold and we were wearing jackets.

I didn't take any pictures at all.  I left my camera home and just wanted to enjoy the day without thinking about taking pictures.   It was a lovely day and I have many pictures, only they are just in my memory.
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
This morning it was only 45 degrees when I walked, but the sun was out and it was a beautiful morning.
There was no one around town this morning and I had a random walk all over the place.
These tiger lilies looked so pretty down between two shrubs with the sun shining on them over at one of the cemeteries.
Queen Anne's Lace (wild Carrots) are blooming now and are all over on the sides of the road. 
I walked 6.2 miles.
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
Today I've been home trying to get things caught up around the house.  It's been a busy and fun week but I really need to get some things done.

I baked the last of the Chocolate Chippers for Bible school at church next week.  All 20 dozen of them.  They are all sitting in the freezer now ready to go.

I also hope to get around to visiting blogs and getting all caught up with you.

Hope your day is happy and bright.
happyone : )
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
Consider how hard it is to change yourself
and you'll understand what little chance
you have in trying to change others.
~ Jacob M Braude
Three Thankful Things Today
  1. Getting those cookies finished
  2. Cool morning walks
  3. Open windows to let in crisp cool air

9 comments:

Beth said...

I sure do like the quote!!!
When my mom was still alive I used to put Queen Anne's lace in bouquets I would take her. I think it is a lovely weed. She loved her wildflower bouquets!

George said...

We enjoyed beautiful, cool weather yesterday as well. It was cool again this morning, but it has warmed up quite a bit. I guess we're back to summer. I'm glad you had a nice Forth of July. I didn't take any pictures (with my camera) either.

Retired Knitter said...

I wish there was a way I could enjoy the fire works, but you know how it is in Columbia. The fire works are great but the trip across town to get home afterwards take forever - and is most unpleasant. Sounds like you had a great 4th.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sounds like you had a great Fourth of July! What fun! I'm with Beth, I love that quote! What a kind act of service for you to bake all those chocolate chip cookies for the children. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Nellie said...

It sounds like your Fourth of July was fantastic! I need to bake some chocolate chip cookies myself! It has been a long time since I've baked any of them.

eileeninmd said...

The weather has been unusually cool for a July summer day.. But, I guess it is better than hot & humid..Sound like you had a wonderful 4th of July.. The photos of the road & sky, the lilies are lovely.. enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Vee said...

It has been very cool. We wore jackets all day, too. (John wore his winter one.)

I am surprised that you didn't take the walking tour because that's when you get the history lesson and the background stories. Usually, very interesting.

So good to have such a fun community day. I knew that you two would enjoy it. You're social like that.

Ida said...

Wow you do great with walking. I enjoy walking but right now it's to darn HOT here to do much of that. We're lucky if it cools down past 70 during the evenings. My gosh that is a lot of cookies to bake.
Your photo's were wonderful. The 1st one is such a lovely scene.

Marianna said...

How I miss those cool summer mornings from our time living in NE Pennsylvania. It was nearing 85 when I finished my walk here this morning.