Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Two

The temperature was back to a more normal degree this morning at 40 degrees.  I was out a few minutes earlier at 6:25.  There was no wind again and the sun was out.  I walked the Farm Loop once again.
Walking through a part that has woods on both sides of the street a big rabbit ran out of the woods from one side, crossed the street and hopped right back in on the other side.  He was there and gone lickety split.
I came across those killdeer again and I get a kick out of watching them run.  They are fast on their little feet.
Some tulips along the way.
Once I got back to the main road instead of walking straight into town I walked through the parking lot of the Dollar General looking for a coin or two but no luck.  Then I walked along the road behind DG.  It dead ends about a 1/2 mile so I have to turn around and walk back again but it is a pretty road to walk.
Walked past my house and then just a little along the road in town.

Mary Jo -  When I came across this cute little yellow house for rent I thought of you.  Wouldn't it be nice if you and Rob lived there?  It is only a few blocks away from me.  : )
I walked 6.2 miles.
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
Well, didn't get any more cleaning done today either.  Today we hopped in the car after breakfast and went down to LaVale to the MVA. Ken has been trying to get his bus drivers license and it has been quite an ordeal so far.  Not the with MVA people but getting the doctor to fill out and mail a card he needs to get things rolling.  I won't go into the details but God must be teaching Ken patience. : )

We found a pretty big shoe store in Cumberland and stopped in.  I needed another pair of shoes that I could wear to church because I just had to throw a pair away.  I am happy to say that I did find a pair that I liked and was comfortable.  I can wear them with a dress or pants.  I also got a pair of Timberland hiking boots.  
Ken looked for a pair of shoes too but didn't find anything but he found a nice light jacket.

What a beautiful sunny day it ended up with the temperature in the high 60's.  I sat out on the swing and read in the afternoon.  Ken came out and joined me for a bit and then it was time to go inside and make supper.

I made the Bean and Sweet Potato Chili for supper tonight and it was very good. I like sweet potatoes a lot so really liked it.  Ken didn't like it as much as I did because he likes the chili I usually make better but thought it was good and that I should make it again.  This is a good vegetarian one.  I've put the recipe and picture on my on line cookbook which you can find HERE.
There was a little mishap with the potatoes.  I was dicing them up when the knife slipped and I cut my finger.  Not a bad one but it did bleed a bit and Ken took over dicing up the potatoes.  

I also made some corn bread and used the recipe on the box of Quaker corn meal.  It went very well with the chili.

Hope your day has been a good one.  It sure has been a pretty one here. 
happyone : )
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
A mom's hug lasts long after she lets go.
~ Unknown
Three Happy Things
  1. Watching those killdeer run
  2. New shoes
  3. Sitting on the swing reading
Comment replies:
Keith - I don't know if the penny was heads or tails up.  I think heads up means good luck but I always say this:
"Find a penny pick it up.
All day have good luck."

    9 comments:

    Kim@stuffcould.... said...

    I like the looks of the road you walk on, looks like you would need plenty of walking shoes also! Cute house

    Vee said...

    Look at all the contrails in the sky! Lots of activity above you, too. Sweet header...you look so cute out there on the swing. Take care of that finger and enjoy the new shoes. (Resisting the urge to question why Ken wants a bus license. = D )

    Happy@Home said...

    I like your new shoes. Glad you had good luck on your shoe shopping today.
    Bean and sweet potato chili sounds very interesting and healthy too. I'm off to check out the recipe.

    Nellie said...

    I agree with you. Those killdeer are very entertaining.:) Yay for new shoes! I need to shop, too. Ouch! Hope your finger will heal quickly.

    Beth said...

    Ouch on the cutting your finger. Great that Ken was there to take over for you!

    The tulips in the rock formation look so pretty!

    Deb J. in Utah said...

    I like your new shoes! I need some new dress shoes but have a very hard time finding shoes I like that are comfy. I would like to see that shoe store! Sounds like a very nice day for you and Ken.

    Optimistic Existentialist said...

    Yes those killdeer are SUPER fast aren't they?? I used to see them all the time where I grew up. I don't see many rabbits where I live now but I saw quite a few in Germany when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

    Helen said...

    Hello, the shoes looks very comfortable - good choice. The tulips are so pretty and the little house so cute - I would like to live in a house like that. Things have been busy and I have not visited many blogs lately - it was so nice to see your cute new photo in your blogheader <3

    o2bhiking said...

    I really enjoy killdeers! They are fun to watch and have a cheerful sound. I wish I could run as fast proportional to my size.

    Isn't it nice to have spring weather? I am sure you had enough snow. Art