Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Raised Garden Beds

Farm up towards Happy Trails
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
This morning there was a mix of sun and clouds and the temperature was 40 degrees.  I made a few stops along the way.  First to drop off a library book in the book drop, then dropped off the water bill in the slot and lastly dropped some mail in the mail slot at the post office.  Then I headed out toward Happy Trails.  I walked a little more that half way there until I came to the house with all the dogs and then turned around and headed back to town.

I walked around the two cemeteries and at one of them I walked around looking at some of the gravestones.  This is the oldest one I found that I could read.
 This is a new one that was made because you can hardly read the old one now.  How sad that he was just a baby.
Walked around town a little bit too and then headed home.  I saw one person walking a dog and that was it.  I didn't see any animals but that could be because I walked a good way on the main road.

I walked 6.2 miles.
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
After breakfast we both went outside and spent the whole day out in the yard.
I weeded, raked grass,  pulled up more of the ornamental grass and planted some petunia seeds in a planter box.  

Ken worked on the raised planter beds and left a couple of times to go up to Happy Trails for something he needed.  He made the first one alone but the second I helped and it got done much faster with both of us working on it.  Now we just have to fill them with dirt and plant the herbs.  If these work well this year, there is room for 3 more for next year.  Hopefully this will keep the rabbits and other animals from eating the plants.  It will be nice working up off the ground too.

 It will be nice sitting around this evening relaxing after working hard.

Hope your Tuesday was sunny and bright.
happyone : )
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
In every gardener there is a child
who believes in the Seed Fairy.
~ Robert Brault
Three Thankful Things
  1. A day out in the yard
  2. Having the raised garden beds finished
  3. Taking a nice shower and washing my hair when the work was done

11 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely photos. Here in Montreal there is a cemetery that is in a swamp like area, with lots of mosquitoes, and the cemetery owners even warm people to be equipped with a repellent when headed there. I could hardly read any of the tombstones.

Vee said...

You will love working with those raised beds. A day of working outside and you'll be ready for bed early.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love those raised boxes! What a great design. You will love the fresh herbs that you grow there. Enjoy your evening!

Beth said...

I really like the idea of the raised beds for plants. I would fill one of those beds with tomato plants. :-)

Nellie said...

That is a beautiful farm on the way to HT. Those raised beds are fantastic! Great job! I hope you are relaxing after this day of hard work!

Kerin said...

Another good day! Blessings galore too :)
Love the raised beds.. you'll have to keep us posted on how they work out.

Smiles :)

Kerin

Anonymous said...

Chores always go quicker when there's a helper. :)

Sure like the raised planter boxes. They look like they are a nice, manageable size. Good job!

~Lindy

Anonymous said...

A day of working hard will make you automatically move to bed soon!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I really do like those raised planter boxes. I've never seen raised ones like that before. Great idea to keep the groundhogs out :)

Anonymous said...

Once again you two have built something very neat and sturdy together. Hope all the plants flourish. Mary Jo

Kerri Farley said...

Those raised beds look AWESOME!